Sub $400 CAD System

Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP

Budget Range: $400 USD Before Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: AutoCad 2009-12, Sketchup, Office environment.

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: I have keyboard, mouse, DVD-drive, monitor, and plenty of cases to choose from.

Do you need to buy OS: Got Retail Win 7 64bit

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com where ever as long as they are a reliable company.

Parts Preferences: by brand or type No matter

Overclocking: Not

SLI or Crossfire: probably not with this budget

Your Monitor Resolution: unknown, it's a acer 22" or a dell 22"

Additional Comments: I don't need HD space, all files are saved on the company server, so enough space for programs and OS will do just fine. This is only 2d CAD work, I don't need a rendering GPU or anything like that. I need a reliable none sluggish system. Would like at least 6-8 gig of RAM and no less than 4-core CPUs. Really that's all I need.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Dell P4 system is far out-dated for AutoCad 2009 and they hope to upgrade to 2012 soon.

Thanks for your help in advance.
4 answers Last reply
More about system
  1. assuming you have a case, windows, dvd drive

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/e7NF
  2. and that you live in the US.
  3. yes, the US and yes I have Win7 64bit Retail and a few different cases to choose from. Dell server cases and other generic ones.

that is a very neat site, I've never seen that before.

I do have a question about your build, you don't have a video card on there is that because the onboard video would be ok for now? Your thinking go for the i5 now and update the video later?
  4. onboard graphics is more than enough for day to day usage. it will handle some games
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build CAD Systems