monte79

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP

Budget Range: $400 USD Before Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: AutoCad 2009-12, Sketchup, Office environment.

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: I have keyboard, mouse, DVD-drive, monitor, and plenty of cases to choose from.

Do you need to buy OS: Got Retail Win 7 64bit

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com where ever as long as they are a reliable company.

Parts Preferences: by brand or type No matter

Overclocking: Not

SLI or Crossfire: probably not with this budget

Your Monitor Resolution: unknown, it's a acer 22" or a dell 22"

Additional Comments: I don't need HD space, all files are saved on the company server, so enough space for programs and OS will do just fine. This is only 2d CAD work, I don't need a rendering GPU or anything like that. I need a reliable none sluggish system. Would like at least 6-8 gig of RAM and no less than 4-core CPUs. Really that's all I need.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Dell P4 system is far out-dated for AutoCad 2009 and they hope to upgrade to 2012 soon.

Thanks for your help in advance.

monte79

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
yes, the US and yes I have Win7 64bit Retail and a few different cases to choose from. Dell server cases and other generic ones.

that is a very neat site, I've never seen that before.

I do have a question about your build, you don't have a video card on there is that because the onboard video would be ok for now? Your thinking go for the i5 now and update the video later?