Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Searching for the Most Silent GTX 670: Help!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 18, 2012 4:36:23 AM

Hello,
I have decided on a GTX 670 but not on an exact model. Current selection is the Galaxy factory OC'd card.
http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-GeForce-Express-Graphics-6...
I am looking for a card that I can OC a bit, keeps cool, and is QUIET. The Asus DirectCUII TOP is out of stock but I will get it if available by Friday (1 day shipping FTW). The Gigabyte Windforce looks silent too, but it is inthe same pot as the Asus; I will purchase if available Friday. So what do you guys think would work well? Remember silence is the most important factor.
Thanks!
a b U Graphics card
June 18, 2012 4:45:06 AM

My vote is for the GTX 670 Asus DirectCUII TOP.

The Direct CU cards are amazing.

My HD 6870 is the first silent video card I have ever had.

I know the GTX 670 Asus DirectCUII TOP is not available at the moment but it may be worth waiting for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysurbM8gJ0o&list=PLE2F4B...
June 18, 2012 4:51:48 AM

Yeah-as said above, it was my first choice, but is unavailable at the moment. I am ordering the card Friday, so I hope the next shipment comes in by then. If not, what other options do I really have for quiet gaming?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 18, 2012 5:02:47 AM

The EVGA 670 FTW is super quiet as it uses the 680 PCB and cooling system and has a 91Mhz overclock to 1006Mhz (same as the 680). As much as I think the ASUS DCU2 is a great card, I believe it's a 2.5 slot cooler? That completely turns me away, but if you have the space, go for it.
June 18, 2012 5:17:36 AM

pezonator said:
The EVGA 670 FTW is super quiet as it uses the 680 PCB and cooling system and has a 91Mhz overclock to 1006Mhz (same as the 680). As much as I think the ASUS DCU2 is a great card, I believe it's a 2.5 slot cooler? That completely turns me away, but if you have the space, go for it.

How loud is your card? At load levels, what sound level is it comparable to?
Thanks.

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
June 18, 2012 5:29:42 AM

I cannot hear it at all over my case fans and I would say my pc is fairly quiet. When playing BF3 it gets fairly warm but it's still silent. I should add that I had a Gigabyte 560ti windforce with apparently 2 silent fans and I could hear that while gaming.

I based my decision off this review (only one i could find at the time):

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/27432-evga-gtx-670-ft...

"Thermals and Noise

EVGA did a great job taking the GTX 680’s design for its GTX 670 FTW graphics card. The fan is silent in idle mode but even when it’s under full load you won’t hear it until you’re really close to the computer. Bear in mind that the GPU was overclocked from 915MHz to 1006MHz and that the cooler is still silent. In fact, this is the best GTX 670 cooling solution we’ve tested so far."
June 18, 2012 6:00:40 AM

Well...from that single article, the Evga FTW looks like a prime candidate. Come Friday, it will most likely be the only 670 in stock, so might as well :D 
!