What application for picture display in Wordpad?

May 19, 2005 1:27:15 PM

On my friend's XP system, if he inserts a picture in Wordpad, it always
appears thumbnail. He tried associating different applications with BMP
files but that doesn't help. What determines which application (ole server)
is in charge of displaying bitmap in Wordpad? Is there a way to find out and
fix this problem? Thanks.
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 5:25:23 PM

On Thu, 19 May 2005 09:27:15 +0530, sanjay wrote:

> On my friend's XP system, if he inserts a picture in Wordpad, it always
> appears thumbnail. He tried associating different applications with BMP
> files but that doesn't help. What determines which application (ole server)
> is in charge of displaying bitmap in Wordpad? Is there a way to find out and
> fix this problem? Thanks.

Have your friend look up the terms "embed" and "link" in Wordpad's Help
file. Both will add an image to the Wordpad file but each method does so
using a different method.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

> Have your friend look up the terms "embed" and "link" in Wordpad's Help
> file. Both will add an image to the Wordpad file but each method does so
> using a different method.

Sharon,

Note that it's not an icon that he gets but a "thumbnail." This happens no
matter what he does, whether he embeds or links a picture. Anyway, this
behavior can be reset to the default XP behavior that shows a full picture?
I can't duplicate it on my XP system.

Thanks,
Sanjay
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 9:59:05 PM

On Fri, 20 May 2005 08:13:44 +0530, sanjay wrote:

> Note that it's not an icon that he gets but a "thumbnail." This happens no
> matter what he does, whether he embeds or links a picture. Anyway, this
> behavior can be reset to the default XP behavior that shows a full picture?
> I can't duplicate it on my XP system.

Have him click on the image so that the selection frame around it is
active. Then try using the mouse to resize the image - there are
registration markers at the corners. Dragging diagonally will increase
height and width in equal amounts. Most word processors allow you to do
this. Am hoping Wordpad allows it as well.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User