No signal/Black screen/input error

Obcodis

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Hello all,
Just recently purchased a new PC and here are my specs...

Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Model M68MT-S2
Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 6

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 466 GB
Disk partition (C:) 359 GB Free (466 GB Total)
Media drive (D:) CD/DVD

Graphics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series
Total available graphics memory 4863 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 3839 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.950.0.0
Primary monitor resolution 1600x900
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
Network Adapter Hamachi Network Interface

Power Supply.............................................................................

600 w corsair ps

I played Diablo 3 fine for awhile and now it goes to black screen and have to hard reset due to no signal. Just tried playing Blacklight Retribution and it just goes black screen. I just tried playing Tribes and I got a input error with lines going across monitor. Any1 have any idea why?
Thank you :)

Solution
your power supply has 2 6+2 PCIE power connectors. Modular so you will have to plug them in to the back of the power supply.
You should not need an adaptor for it.
Are they still in the box?

randomkid

Distinguished
Is it a pre-built PC? If yes, I would suggest that you return it to the seller & complain about the problem. Something might be wrong with the graphics card.

Or did you by any chance build the PC yourself from ordered components?

Obcodis

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
I built it myself with components. I am really at a loss as I have been searching for the past several hours and have found really nothing. Everything is up to date, temps are fine, and only happens when gaming. Everything is snug and clean. Is there anyway to check to see if your psu is setup correctly? My wife and I put it in and maybe that is the problem.
Thank you.

Obcodis

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Sorry to somewhat bump my own post but am still struggling. I did beat Diablo 3 with this video card and setup that's why I am confused. I did a troubleshoot and it says hardware not detected. Also on boot up it says I have ddr3 ram when I have ddr5. I ran a memory test and all was good. I tried the windows experience because it says to refresh due to new hardware and it froze with yellow lines. I tried a new monitor and cable and still black screened?

most new builders forget power plugs..there a 4 pin on the mb and sometime on video cards there a 6 pin pci for extra power. some low end cards dont have them some do it up to the vendor and how close they followed the vendor ref card specs.
there are some programes that you can run to help you check that the parts are fine. there memtest for the ram...prime95 that stress the cpu and ram and power supply. hardware monitor will check your cpu/gpu temps and voltage of your power supply to see that it holding under load. you can try things like haven benchmark or a gpu benchmark or burn in to see if the video card is the issue. if you have an older card i would see if the same game hangs. if you dont have another card if there a local micro center or best buys try picking up another card that run on your power supply and see if the game hang.

ddr-3 is the mb system ram..it should have said 8 gigs or 8xxx on screen at post. some video games are harder on the cpu then they are on the gpu. also are you plugged into the mb vga port on the video card ports?? if your plugged into the mb vga port your using the power of the cpu video chipset and not the gpu. also with your cpu if it has gpu chipset built into it did you load the video drivers for it...so that windows and the mb one have any issues.

Obcodis

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Thank you all for your replies :) Found the prob but need a little extra help. The six pin connector melted slightly on one pin that goes from the graphics card to the psu. Here is my graphics card and here is my psu.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005C31FJU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064XAIXQ/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00

What connector do I need as I had this one or did I have the right one.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007RXDDM/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Obcodis

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Yes they were in the box lol. I plugged in my card wrong. I did not plug in directly to psu and used wrong connector. I believe it only needs one as there is only one spot to plug into video card. I have the one now plugged from card directly into back of psu and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I did not cause any damage.
Thank you so very very much!

edit: Made a mistake I do not have a corsair psu but one linked above.