Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Do i need a new psu

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Graphics Cards
  • Power
  • Components
Last response: in Components
Share
December 23, 2012 6:39:05 PM

i just upgraded my graphics card to the 6870 right now i have the cool master extreme power plus 600w. i heard that is was a bad psu so do i need a knew one or will it be fine

More about : psu

a b ) Power supply
a c 91 U Graphics card
December 23, 2012 6:43:10 PM

You don't NEED a new one, but coolermaster makes bad PSUs - it's more likely to fail than others, and when it does fail, it's more likely to take other parts with it.

(That being said, attempting to use correct grammar and punctuation will go a long way towards getting good answers - it allows you to be more precise, and increases the likelihood that people are going to take you seriously and be inclined to help.)
Score
0
a b ) Power supply
a c 85 U Graphics card
December 23, 2012 6:45:46 PM

It will probably be ok if you are below 400W. I would still replace it though
Score
0
December 23, 2012 7:32:23 PM

DarkSable said:
You don't NEED a new one, but coolermaster makes bad PSUs - it's more likely to fail than others, and when it does fail, it's more likely to take other parts with it.

(That being said, attempting to use correct grammar and punctuation will go a long way towards getting good answers - it allows you to be more precise, and increases the likelihood that people are going to take you seriously and be inclined to help.)

What about Silent Pro ones? Those are not that bad...
Score
0
a c 311 ) Power supply
a c 119 U Graphics card
December 23, 2012 7:53:38 PM

Rebel_Justin said:
i just upgraded my graphics card to the 6870 right now i have the cool master extreme power plus 600w. i heard that is was a bad psu so do i need a knew one or will it be fine



As mentioned previously, that is a bad psu.
You can probably use it for a while, but read
the review linked and make your own judgement.

I would be saving $ for a replacement.
In fact, that's what I did a few month's ago,
replaced a coolermaster psu.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-eX...

Tom
Score
0
December 23, 2012 8:11:09 PM

ok so what brands of psu are the best also english isnt my first language sorry
Score
0

Best solution

a c 311 ) Power supply
a c 119 U Graphics card
December 23, 2012 8:38:22 PM

Rebel_Justin said:
ok so what brands of psu are the best also english isnt my first language sorry


Best brands - Seasonic, XFX, Antec, PC Power & Cooling, Enermax, & most Corsair's,
Share
December 23, 2012 8:39:07 PM

Best answer selected by Rebel_Justin.
Score
0
!