Sign in with
Your question

My CPU says my sond device is working properly, but no sound?

Tags:
  • Devices
  • CPUs
  • Components
Last response: in Components
December 23, 2012 6:54:12 PM

I have a Lenovo 3000 n100 laptop w/Win 7 pro 64bit. As I was saying my cpu says all sound components work even when I do a test it shows on the volume bar that sound is getting pushed through, same thing when I plug headphones in, I don't hear anything but a real faint beep that doesn't stop unless I access certain areas of my cpu and even then it still beeps. I have to put my ear up real close to the speaker and make sure its dead silent where im at to hear it!!!!! PLEASE HELP?

More about : cpu sond device working properly sound

a c 109 à CPUs
December 23, 2012 7:19:44 PM

What?

Your CPU doesn't make noise, the GPU and sound card does.

Listen, just go into the device manager (search it in the start menu), look for your sound card, when you find it uninstall it (either highlight it and press 'del' on your keyboard) and reboot, when you logon it should recognise it as a new device and it will install the drivers, if not go back into the device manager and scan for hardware changes.
m
l
December 24, 2012 5:27:46 AM

Ive done that so many times and nothing, someone said that the new drivers for win 7 aren't working because my cpu still thinks it in win xp which was the original operating system, was he blowin smoke up my a@# or is he telling me the truth, idk!!!! Im lost at what to do!!! I will try what you said again and keep you posted....
Thank you
m
l
Related resources
a c 109 à CPUs
December 24, 2012 7:39:43 AM

How can your CPU think it is still on XP, it doesn't care what OS is installed, i think that comment is BS, anyway if nothing works then get a USB sound card.
m
l
December 24, 2012 8:09:29 AM

go to Start and in the search box type "Device manager" open device manager and take a screen shot of this and post this..
go to start and in search box type "sounds" open manage audio device and take a screen shot of this and post this..

You mentioned that XP was original and you put in windows 7 64 bit.. could you conform windows update was on and there are no new updates..
(start--> all programs --> windows update than click Check for update if unsure)

"I don't hear anything but a real faint beep that doesn't stop unless I access certain areas of my cpu and even then it still beeps" elaborate "unless I access certain areas of my cpu"
m
l
January 1, 2013 9:15:53 PM

b1bekgyawali said:
go to Start and in the search box type "Device manager" open device manager and take a screen shot of this and post this..
go to start and in search box type "sounds" open manage audio device and take a screen shot of this and post this..

You mentioned that XP was original and you put in windows 7 64 bit.. could you conform windows update was on and there are no new updates..
(start--> all programs --> windows update than click Check for update if unsure)

"I don't hear anything but a real faint beep that doesn't stop unless I access certain areas of my cpu and even then it still beeps" elaborate "unless I access certain areas of my cpu"

for instance the device manager when I do a change a device scan it will stop beepin just for 1 or 2 beeps
m
l
Related resources
!