underwater digital photo filter for canon ixus 700

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 29, 2005 6:19:15 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.scuba,rec.scuba.equipment (More info?)

Hello,

I tried to look in google but all i get is housings not filters

Any one can tell from where I can buy an underwater filter for the
digital camera ixus 700

Any macro kits available for this camera?

thanks

Mario
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 9:50:20 PM

<marmagi@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I tried to look in google but all i get is housings not filters
>
> Any one can tell from where I can buy an underwater filter for the
> digital camera ixus 700
>
> Any macro kits available for this camera?
>
> thanks
>
> Mario

You may be able to use something like the URPro filter. I don't know if will
fit your housing. Look here http://www.urprofilters.com/ . A better way is
to learn how to do a manual white balance adjustment underwater. Its a bit
of a pain, but gets results that are somewhere in the right ballpark. Final
adjustments can then be made with a good photo editing program.

email me at rudy@rudybenner.com if you need more detail.

Olympus C-7070 with PT-027 underwater housing.
Canon A85 with underwater housing.
Inon D-2000 strobe.
!