Sign in with
Your question

Built my computer, now having a tiny issue. need help plz

Last response: in Systems
August 8, 2012 3:33:59 PM

I built my new system with the help of this community and everything was going well for about a month.

i5-3570k No overclock
Asus GTX 670 DCT2
Asus P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155
CM Hyper 212 plus
Corsair Force Series GT CSSD 120GB boot drive
WD Caviar Black 500gb
Gskill Ripjaws series 8gb (2x4)
OCZ ZX series 850W Fully modular 80 plus gold

The problem is that the mouse lags for like a second after i move it. I know it is just 1 second of lag but in games it could mean a win or lose. It not only does it in games also when just browsing the internet which sucks because sometimes i misclick some buttons due to the lag. Like i said, it was working perfectly fine for like a month until I changed the cable that hooks up to my screen. Initially i was using a monitor and since it was kind of on the old side it had not dvi or hdmi input only the standard VGA so i had a vga cable with a dvi adapter hooked up to my GPU and the regular vga end hooked up to my monitor. about 3 1/2 weeks we got a new tv for the living room so i decided to hook up the old one (1yr old) to my computer, its a 37in 1920x1080. Everything was working good for about a weed with this set up. I then got the hdmi cable that i was using with my ps3 and replaced the Vga cable and as soon as i turned it on, i noticed the delay in the mouse and now that i am typing a lot i kind of notice it on the keyboard as well. The hdmi cable is functional because i was using it on the ps3 the day before i changed it to my computer but still thinking it might be the cable since it is about 2-3yrs old i ordered some on ebay. i received the already and changed them but still the lag remains. Is this something common that could be easily fixed or do i have a faulty hdmi output on my GPU. Also, is an hdmi connection the best connection for a computer/tv or do tvs only work flawless when using a vga cable?

thank you so much guys i really appreciate it
August 8, 2012 3:45:02 PM

does the tv have dvi? might want to try that

vga is pretty much foolproof given that its everywhere and that its not digital. only drawback is that it isnt the best connection.
m
l
August 8, 2012 3:45:25 PM

I'd suggest updating your BIOS, GPU drivers, mouse drivers, Windows Updates, SSD firmware, etc. Tell us if it works.
m
l
Related resources
August 8, 2012 3:51:47 PM

ok thx for quick reply ill try that
m
l
August 8, 2012 4:18:14 PM

i checked the drivers and they seem to be up to date, could it be that my trial period for windows 7 has ended and i need to validate a genuine copy?
m
l
August 8, 2012 6:07:24 PM

I wouldnt update the SSD firmware. You would have to reinstall windows on it to do this. Does your bios have UEFI? If so does the mouse lag in the UEFI?
m
l
August 8, 2012 7:00:32 PM

It's probably nothing to do with Win7, but I'd get a full copy.

I would assume it's the BIOS that's causing the issue.
m
l
August 8, 2012 8:50:58 PM

my mobo does have UEFI and i went on it but the mouse doesnt even show. i get out of bios and go back to regular windows desktop and the mouse is there but still lagging
m
l
August 8, 2012 8:51:33 PM

my mobo does have UEFI and i went on it but the mouse doesnt even show. i get out of bios and go back to regular windows desktop and the mouse is there but still lagging
m
l
!