ATI WDM Services Won't Start

gb777

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
Hello,

I replaced my motherboard and with it no longer need the ATI All In Wonder 9600 video card. The system now has AMD Radeon HD4250 on board. Removed all the All In Wonder drivers and installed the Radeon drivers. Obviously some of the All In Wonder WDM drivers didn't get removed all the way.

In my XP System Events it tells me it can't start several ATI WDM services. I don't see them in my list of services or add/remove programs. I don't see any in the RUN sections in the registry.

I get these 4 errors in my System Events each time I boot:

The ATI WDM Specialized PCD Codec service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

The ATI WDM Specialized MVD Codec service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

The ATI WDM TV Audio Crossbar service failed to start due to the following error:

The ATI WDM TV Tuner service failed to start due to the following error:

Any ideas how to get rid of these errors?

Thanks

gb777

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011

Fixed. Luckily I have a multiboot system with a clean install to compare. I found the old ATI entries in the registry and deleted them. It wasn't that simple as all of the errors didn't have entries in the services section. This didn't hurt anything but it's not clean having event errors.