Sign in with
Your question

DVA-D Male to VGA Male Solution

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 18, 2012 3:04:45 PM

Hello,

I've searched Amazon, Tripp Lite, eBay and found absolutely nothing. I'm attempting to run a computer that has only DVI-D connections into a KVM switch that requires a VGA Male. I've found plenty of adapters and cords for DVI-A etc but can't find anything that would work for a DVI-D. Does any body have a combination idea of adapters / cords that would get me from my DVI-D connection on the computer to the VGA Male on the KVM switch?

Help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
June 18, 2012 4:45:17 PM

This DVA hookup has a full set of prongs whereas the computer that I'm plugging into has 9 sets, space, 9 more sets and then the long prong.

Thanks
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 18, 2012 5:29:08 PM

You won't be able to find an adapter because it's DVI-D (D for "Digital"). Adapters work on DVI-A and DVI-I, where the connector itself carries on the analogue signals for VGA monitor (on the missing pins).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface.
It will be probably cheaper to get a basic VGA videocard than to find such an adapter.
m
l
a c 76 U Graphics card
June 18, 2012 5:55:24 PM

CodyColby said:
This DVA hookup has a full set of prongs whereas the computer that I'm plugging into has 9 sets, space, 9 more sets and then the long prong.

Thanks

You can't hook up a digital source to an analog monitor. Are you sure you don't have a DVI-I port as well? I have never seen a computer that only had DVI-D and no VGA. Thats beyond strange.

There ARE GPU's that would work with the adapter posted BUT they have to support outputting the Analog signal on the digital pins in the driver. the VAST majority don't. but yours might since its so strange.
m
l
June 25, 2012 2:39:39 PM

CodyColby said:
Hello,

I've searched Amazon, Tripp Lite, eBay and found absolutely nothing. I'm attempting to run a computer that has only DVI-D connections into a KVM switch that requires a VGA Male. I've found plenty of adapters and cords for DVI-A etc but can't find anything that would work for a DVI-D. Does any body have a combination idea of adapters / cords that would get me from my DVI-D connection on the computer to the VGA Male on the KVM switch?

Help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hi,

Check KVMSwitchTech as they offer DVI-D to VGA converters( Part #SCA-DVI-ANA).
I am quite sure this should work for you.
http://www.kvmswitchtech.com/dvi-d-to-vga-converter-c11...
m
l
June 25, 2012 4:06:46 PM

Yes this DVI-D to VGA Converter from KVMSwitchTech works fine, I have used it and it is very easy to install
m
l
!