Engimaz

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
Hello i will be building a new computer soon and i'm looking for some feedback on the parts i've assembled. Total budget is around 1500$

I plan on using it for gaming mostly on a 1920x1080 120hz+ monitor. So therefore i want it to run games like World of Warcraft/Guild Wars 2(Not released i know) at 120+ FPS. I don't mind lowering graphics if that's what it takes.

Here's a list of the components i got so far:

MOBO: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Z77 S-1155 ATX IVY
CPU: Intel Core I5-3570K (Plan on overclocking to 4.4-4.7 GHZ)
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU COOLER
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB PCI-E
CASE: NZXT 810 FULLTOWER (I heard it's big and since this is my first computer i'm building it would help with some extra room)
PSU: CORSAIR AX 750W PROFESSIONAL SERIES MODULAR PSU (Is a 750HX good enough)
FANS: I will be using the fans that come with the case, might buy an additional one for another slot in the front or bottom.
SSD: INTEL 520 SERIES 2.5" 120GB SSD SATA/600 MLC 25NM BULK
RAM MEMORY: DDR3-DIMM1600 Corsair XMS3 Vengeance Red DDR3 PC12800/1600MHz CL7 2x4GB
Thermal Paste: NOCTUA PRO-GRADE THERMAL GREASE

That pretty much sums it up, if there is anything that doesn't look proper feel free to point that out. I will be buying monitor separately and i already have two other HDDs and all other gaming equipment i need.

In a year or two i might add another GPU but i think that MOBO supports it.

Thanks for constructive responses :)

g-unit1111

Titan
PSU: CORSAIR AX 750W PROFESSIONAL SERIES MODULAR PSU (Is a 750HX good enough)

Yeah that's a good PSU - I really want to get an AX1200i but I just bought a new PSU a couple months ago and can't justify the $350 price tag. :lol:

FANS: I will be using the fans that come with the case, might buy an additional one for another slot in the front or bottom.

Wise move. Very wise move. Most people come in here wanting to buy like $150 in extra fans when they don't need them and their new case won't have the mounts for them. It's better to get the additional fans *AFTER* you get your build up and running that's what I say.

These would be my suggestions:

No need for the extra paste. Get a D14 and that same paste is included. Love the Switch 810.

I'm not the biggest fan of Intel SSDs, I would get this instead: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147163

And then make sure your RAM is low profile. I'd recommend getting this over Vengeance: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231544

Otherwise everything else looks good.

id personally get the gigabyte z77x-ud5h board since its cheaper and has more hardware features. a better bang for the buck

for the video card, id get the msi gtx670 power edition given it has unlocked voltage giving more overclocking headroom. not to mention it has 5 8mm heatpipes, making the cooler overall better than the asus version

Engimaz

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
Thanks guys for the response.

@g-unit1111 Okay i removed the extra paste and added the D14 instead, it was on my list anyway. Just heard it can make some noise but i don't mind that since i will be using very isolated headphones.

Reason why i chose the Intel SSD instead of a Samsung is pretty much same reason why you did, i have had problems with Samsung in the past. Not with SSDs though so they might be different.

The Ram memory you linked is CL9 instead of CL7 which i had in mind, i read it's a bit faster?

@TheBigTroll I added that MOBO instead as it did indeed have more features on it, it's only a 15$ price difference so is the Asus faster in anyway ?

I looked for the MSI GTX 670 Power Edition but i couldn't find it, is it marked "Power Edition" or is it the one named with "OC" in it, that one is about 60$ pricier then the "normal" MSI GTX 670 and the Gigabyte GTX 670. Is it still worth it for overclocking?

@azeem40 Thanks, i did look at a couple of benchmark charts and the Intel 520 SSD had gotten good results. It's actually about 15$ cheaper then the Samsung 120GB version too!

However the Samsung has a 256 GB version that's cheaper then the Intel 520 240 GB version.

since when was intel cheape than samsung? i can find a samsung 830 128gb for 89.99 at newegg

cl7 is faster but not enough to be noticeable in day to day use

asus isnt faster. all z77 boards are about the same +/- 1-3%

heres the power edition

Engimaz

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
Sorry, i should have specified i'm from Sweden.

I will be ordering from a swedish site and that's where the INTEL 520 120GB comes of cheaper then the Samsung.

I found the graphic card now, thanks.

g-unit1111

Titan
@g-unit1111 Okay i removed the extra paste and added the D14 instead, it was on my list anyway. Just heard it can make some noise but i don't mind that since i will be using very isolated headphones.

The Noctua comes with the same paste - you only need extra in case you lose or use up what you have.

Reason why i chose the Intel SSD instead of a Samsung is pretty much same reason why you did, i have had problems with Samsung in the past. Not with SSDs though so they might be different.

I just got an 830 and I've been really impressed with the drive so far. It's blazing fast and it will handle just about anything I can throw at it.

The Ram memory you linked is CL9 instead of CL7 which i had in mind, i read it's a bit faster?

You won't really notice - on default settings your motherboard runs at the lowest speeds and timings it can handle.

I will be ordering from a swedish site and that's where the INTEL 520 120GB comes of cheaper then the Samsung.

Can you link to the site? Knowing local availability and pricing is always helpful.

Engimaz

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012

www.dustin.se

that was the one i had in mind, but it looks

www.proshop.se

might be better choice, honestly the cheapest would be to order all the pieces from different sites cus they're all different. They are in swedish though but google should be able to translate?

www.prisjakt.nu
www.pricerunner.se

On those two you can search for individual parts to see the lowest pricing spread out on most if not all swedish retailers. I would much prefer to order everything from one site though.

Thanks!