DKU5 cable trouble with 6610i

Hello,

I bought a generic DKU5 cable to connect my phone to my computer.

The driver installation went fine, but the phone isn't recognize either in
PCsuite or in MobiMB

Apparently, the cable uses a Prolific 2303 component, so I tried every
driver from the prolific website without any success.

The Com-to-usb driver seems to work, but nothing happens...

Am I forgetting something to do on the nokia (I *did* plug the cable, of
course) ?

Maybe I should change something in the come-to-usb parameters
(enable/disable FIFO, change speed or parity ?)

Thanks in advance for your help !
8 answers Last reply
More about dku5 cable trouble 6610i

    "Florent Pessaud" <fpessaud@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

    >I bought a generic DKU5 cable to connect my phone to my computer.

    I presume by "generic" you mean third-party?

    >The driver installation went fine, but the phone isn't recognize either in
    >PCsuite or in MobiMB

    Nokia PC Suite will only work with a genuine Nokia cable.......

    >Apparently, the cable uses a Prolific 2303 component, so I tried every
    >driver from the prolific website without any success.

    .... which your cable isn't.

    I've had MobiMB working with a Prolific cable but I think it had to be
    setup as a serial connection. Not able to check as I don't have a
    copy of MobiMB myself - I set it up for someone else.

    --

    "Paul Hopwood" <paul@hopwood.org.uk> a écrit dans le message de
    > "Florent Pessaud" <fpessaud@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
    >
    > >I bought a generic DKU5 cable to connect my phone to my computer.
    >
    > I presume by "generic" you mean third-party?

    Yes. Pardon my not-so-great english ...

    > >The driver installation went fine, but the phone isn't recognize either
    in
    > >PCsuite or in MobiMB
    >
    > Nokia PC Suite will only work with a genuine Nokia cable.......

    So I've heard, but MobiMB should work anyway, and neither finds the phone.

    > >Apparently, the cable uses a Prolific 2303 component, so I tried every
    > >driver from the prolific website without any success.
    >
    > ... which your cable isn't.

    Indeed, the price charged for the genuine Nokia is quite expensive...

    > I've had MobiMB working with a Prolific cable but I think it had to be
    > setup as a serial connection.

    Yes. There is a USB-to-serial adapter, but the driver is there and,
    according to XP, working ...

    > Not able to check as I don't have a
    > copy of MobiMB myself - I set it up for someone else.

    Guess I'll have to keep searching then. Thanks for your help !

    I know you said you have tried all the drivers on the prolific
    website, but just in case- did you try the one at the top of:

    http://tech.prolific.com.tw/visitor/v_filebrw_result.asp

    It says it is for the PL-2303 chipset. May be worth ununstalling and
    reinstalling a couple of times.

    "Florent Pessaud" <fpessaud@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:<cfqvt2$rqg$1@news-reader2.wanadoo.fr>...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I bought a generic DKU5 cable to connect my phone to my computer.
    >
    > The driver installation went fine, but the phone isn't recognize either in
    > PCsuite or in MobiMB
    >
    > Apparently, the cable uses a Prolific 2303 component, so I tried every
    > driver from the prolific website without any success.
    >
    > The Com-to-usb driver seems to work, but nothing happens...
    >
    > Am I forgetting something to do on the nokia (I *did* plug the cable, of
    > course) ?
    >
    > Maybe I should change something in the come-to-usb parameters
    > (enable/disable FIFO, change speed or parity ?)

    ProLific 2303 based cables aren't DKU-5. DKU-5 cables are only from
    Nokia based on original Nokia DKU-5 chipset. You are using common
    ProLific -based cable for data synchronization purposes. PC Suite
    won't recognize it, as it works with genuine Nokia cables only. We can
    suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager II (
    http://www.opm-2.com/ ). In Oxygen Phone Manager II in 'Tools' ->
    'Options' -> 'Connection and common' -> 'Add port' you should set COM
    port's number from 'Control panel' -> 'System' -> 'Hardware' ->
    'Device manager' -> 'Ports COM and LPT' -> 'Prolific USB to Serial
    bridge' and specify its type as 'DLR-3/DLR-3p'. Also in some cases one
    may need to set up this virtual COM port's speed to 115200 bit/s
    (standard data synchronization speed, used by Nokia phones).

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Quoth The Raven "Florent Pessaud <fpessaud@wanadoo.fr>" in
    cfqvt2$rqg$1@news-reader2.wanadoo.fr
    > Hello,
    >
    > I bought a generic DKU5 cable to connect my phone to my computer.
    >
    > The driver installation went fine, but the phone isn't recognize either
    > in PCsuite or in MobiMB
    >
    > Apparently, the cable uses a Prolific 2303 component, so I tried every
    > driver from the prolific website without any success.
    >
    > The Com-to-usb driver seems to work, but nothing happens...
    >
    > Am I forgetting something to do on the nokia (I *did* plug the cable, of
    > course) ?
    >
    > Maybe I should change something in the come-to-usb parameters
    > (enable/disable FIFO, change speed or parity ?)
    >

    > Thanks in advance for your help !

    search an app called UserPort.exe and configure it to the serial port youre
    using. it worked for me

    --
    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

    Why is an alarm clock going "off" when it actually turns on?

    If you are running XP this program will seriously unprotect your compuetr -
    take care using it

    Quoth The Raven "Fred Pickering <fredp56@tpg.com.au>" in
    4142852b@dnews.tpgi.com.au
    > If you are running XP this program will seriously unprotect your

    how so? I never understood why MS stopped mobile phones directly connected
    to a serial port can be a security threat to the OS for them to close the
    usage off. a firewall, now native and workable in XP will safeguard the
    computer. explain how its a problem, I'm curios.

    --
    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

    Asking dumb questions is easier than fixing dumb mistakes.

    support@opm-2.com (Oxygen Software) wrote in

    > "Florent Pessaud" <fpessaud@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I bought a generic DKU5 cable to connect my phone to my computer.
    >>
    >> The driver installation went fine, but the phone isn't recognize
    >> either in PCsuite or in MobiMB
    >>
    >> Apparently, the cable uses a Prolific 2303 component, so I tried
    >> every driver from the prolific website without any success.
    >>
    >> The Com-to-usb driver seems to work, but nothing happens...
    >>
    >> Am I forgetting something to do on the nokia (I *did* plug the cable,
    >> of course) ?
    >>
    >> Maybe I should change something in the come-to-usb parameters
    >> (enable/disable FIFO, change speed or parity ?)
    >
    > ProLific 2303 based cables aren't DKU-5. DKU-5 cables are only from
    > Nokia based on original Nokia DKU-5 chipset. You are using common
    > ProLific -based cable for data synchronization purposes. PC Suite
    > won't recognize it, as it works with genuine Nokia cables only. We can
    > suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager II (
    > http://www.opm-2.com/ ). In Oxygen Phone Manager II in 'Tools' ->
    > 'Options' -> 'Connection and common' -> 'Add port' you should set COM
    > port's number from 'Control panel' -> 'System' -> 'Hardware' ->
    > 'Device manager' -> 'Ports COM and LPT' -> 'Prolific USB to Serial
    > bridge' and specify its type as 'DLR-3/DLR-3p'. Also in some cases one
    > may need to set up this virtual COM port's speed to 115200 bit/s
    > (standard data synchronization speed, used by Nokia phones).
    >
    > If you have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
    > program, feel free to post them on our official forum
    > http://www.opm-2.com/forum/
    >
    > Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    > Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
    > support@oxygensoftware.com
    > http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    > http://www.smsactivex.com/

    That's funny cos I got PC suite through a generic 2303 based DKU-5 cable
    to recognise my 3100 under XP just the other day. Win98SE wouldnt work but
    XP was OK.

Nokia Phones Cable Product