Sign in with
Your question

Is it worth it

Last response: in CPUs
December 24, 2012 3:04:29 AM

Hi guys ! I`m wondering is it worth it to upgrade my core 2 duo e7400 with i3 ? Is it big improvement or just a little difference I`m also thinking to get new video card motherboard and others but is it worth to go with i3 or wait more and get i5 coz i know is much better. And the other question is should i go for i3 or i can do with core 2 quad processor second hand . I will use my pc for gaming mostly and my current with his e7400 and engt9800gt is kinda very old :)  Ty !

More about : worth

a c 149 à CPUs
December 24, 2012 3:08:03 AM

Lakata said:
Hi guys ! I`m wondering is it worth it to upgrade my core 2 duo e7400 with i3 ? Is it big improvement or just a little difference I`m also thinking to get new video card motherboard and others but is it worth to go with i3 or wait more and get i5 coz i know is much better. And the other question is should i go for i3 or i can do with core 2 quad processor second hand . I will use my pc for gaming mostly and my current with his e7400 and engt9800gt is kinda very old :)  Ty !

Both will be an improvement over the Core 2 duo but while the I3 is still very good at gaming the I5 is a little faster and if you get a "k" version you will be able to overclock it alot. I would save up and get the I5.
a b à CPUs
December 24, 2012 4:30:06 AM

YES
ITS SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FASTER
Related resources
December 24, 2012 4:40:25 AM

well what are going to use it for? Casual gaming, basic PC?
December 24, 2012 4:43:59 AM

No, unless you're looking to buy a new PC. You're motherboard probably won't be compatible for a i3 if you currently use a Core 2 Duo.
a c 149 à CPUs
December 24, 2012 4:46:31 AM

He already said he was going to be using the computer for gaming.

Quote:
. I will use my pc for gaming mostly and my current with his e7400 and engt9800gt is kinda very old Ty !

Like I said the I3 is a great CPU for gaming but the I5 is better.
December 24, 2012 4:52:43 AM

rds1220 said:
He already said he was going to be using the computer for gaming.

Quote:
. I will use my pc for gaming mostly and my current with his e7400 and engt9800gt is kinda very old Ty !

Like I said the I3 is a great CPU for gaming but the I5 is better.

I know, but would he use it for heavy gaming or lighter gaming, and would you overclock? and also ykisana is right you probably need a new MOBO.

Regards.
a c 149 à CPUs
December 24, 2012 5:00:24 AM

doughnuts said:
I know, but would he use it for heavy gaming or lighter gaming, and would you overclock? and also ykisana is right you probably need a new MOBO.

Regards.

Either way I would go with the I5 unless he by gaming he meant online flash player games. Then it wouldn't really matter what processor you used. Yes no matter what CPU he gets he is going to need a new motherboard, he also needs new RAM.
December 24, 2012 5:06:59 AM

ykisana said:
No, unless you're looking to buy a new PC. You're motherboard probably won't be compatible for a i3 if you currently use a Core 2 Duo.

Yes it is not im choosing entirely new pc with mb video and other things the only thing it will remain from my old pc will be the Case :)  im thinking vc like 7870 sapphire and i`m wondering is this cpu like i3 will be enough for latest games gaming :ange: 
December 24, 2012 5:08:25 AM

doughnuts said:
well what are going to use it for? Casual gaming, basic PC?

i want it for gaming :)  my current pc is doing the job of casual just fine :)  i`m asking coz i cant afford right now i5 2500k ... this is what i want but ..
a c 149 à CPUs
December 24, 2012 5:11:02 AM

Lakata said:
Yes it is not im choosing entirely new pc with mb video and other things the only thing it will remain from my old pc will be the Case :)  im thinking vc like 7870 sapphire and i`m wondering is this cpu like i3 will be enough for latest games gaming :ange: 

Yes the I3 will be fine for pretty much all modern games and no the I3 won't bottleneck the 7870.
December 24, 2012 5:13:14 AM

Well what is your budget if you want it now, and if you were to save up what would it be?
December 24, 2012 5:13:26 AM

also coz i have budget and i was gonna get i5 2500k, with mb asus h77 m pro, 8 gigs ram and sapphire 7870 hd , but since is getting to much for me to get i5 i was wonderig will it i3 do the job just fine for latest games gaming and the other thing is i was thinking also about amd processors .. but i dont really like them :)  thats why im asking about i3 in this tread
a c 149 à CPUs
December 24, 2012 5:22:05 AM

Lakata said:
also coz i have budget and i was gonna get i5 2500k, with mb asus h77 m pro, 8 gigs ram and sapphire 7870 hd , but since is getting to much for me to get i5 i was wonderig will it i3 do the job just fine for latest games gaming and the other thing is i was thinking also about amd processors .. but i dont really like them :)  thats why im asking about i3 in this tread

It's kind of pointless getting an H77 motherboad with a "k" version CPU. Chipset is important and H77 won't overclock as good as the Z77 chipset.
December 24, 2012 5:24:49 AM

rds1220 said:
It's kind of pointless getting an H77 motherboad with a "k" version CPU. Chipset is important and H77 won't overclock as good as the Z77 chipset.

is this good then or smtn better ? Asus P8Z77-M
December 24, 2012 5:32:05 AM

Well the question is are you going to overclock?
December 24, 2012 5:43:56 AM

well i`m thinking about it but i`m not huge fan of it ... but as far as i know the i3 cant be oc .. or im remembering wrong otherwise when i get 2500k in like 1 year from now if i buy new pc now if its needed i will oc it but the main ting is should i get the i3 now instead i5 like about year later ... coz my country is really bad for pc components coz they come in twice the price because of the currency rate :) 
December 24, 2012 5:56:01 AM

well first off if you are really price oriented you might want to go AMD. secondly the i52500k is Intel's last generation architecture and you can get i53570k for the same price, I have also seen that some time next year there coming out with there new architecture. Lastly what country do you live in?
December 24, 2012 8:22:43 AM

doughnuts said:
well first off if you are really price oriented you might want to go AMD. secondly the i52500k is Intel's last generation architecture and you can get i53570k for the same price, I have also seen that some time next year there coming out with there new architecture. Lastly what country do you live in?

Well the new cpu`s mean that the price of the current ones will drop but i doubt it it will be that big of a difference coz i5 2500k still holds his price , considering its one of the best i5 cpu`s. As far as i know the AMD cpu-s are not productive enough for gaming or thats my oppinion but every one i ask about gaming pc almost always tells me Intel over AMD And finally i`m from Bulgaria :
a c 149 à CPUs
December 24, 2012 3:59:48 PM

Lakata said:
Well the new cpu`s mean that the price of the current ones will drop but i doubt it it will be that big of a difference coz i5 2500k still holds his price , considering its one of the best i5 cpu`s. As far as i know the AMD cpu-s are not productive enough for gaming or thats my oppinion but every one i ask about gaming pc almost always tells me Intel over AMD And finally i`m from Bulgaria :

Old CPU's rarely drop in price. If it goes down 10 dollars you are lucky but that doesn't happen to often.
December 24, 2012 6:27:00 PM

so what is you budget anyway?
!