Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Upgrading CPU in Asus N56VJ-DH71

Last response: in CPUs
December 24, 2012 3:07:11 AM

Hi,

I see some highly reputable websites talking about being able to 'upgrade' a new ASUS N56VJ-DH71 laptop from the Ivy Bridge i7 3630 to a higher powered Ivy Bridge i7. Is this something I can do myself? I am an experienced tech with a high level of skill in working with motherboard components.

What would be an approximate performance boost upgrading to say an i7 3840? if it's less than a 10% boost, then I just don't see the point.

thanks
john

Best solution

a c 146 à CPUs
December 24, 2012 3:13:10 AM

nickel beer said:
Hi,

I see some highly reputable websites talking about being able to 'upgrade' a new ASUS N56VJ-DH71 laptop from the Ivy Bridge i7 3630 to a higher powered Ivy Bridge i7. Is this something I can do myself? I am an experienced tech with a high level of skill in working with motherboard components.

What would be an approximate performance boost upgrading to say an i7 3840? if it's less than a 10% boost, then I just don't see the point.

thanks
john

If it can accept that CPU it will be pretty pointless. Switching from a Sandy Bridges to Ivy Bridges will only be a very small performance increase. Switching from one Ivy Bridge I7 to another Ivy Bridge I7 will give next to nothing in terms of performance.
December 24, 2012 3:28:56 AM

Thank you RDS...that's all I need to know. I'll stop trying to figure out how to perform this CPU-surgery on a brand new, perfectly fine, notebook.

Score
Related resources
a c 146 à CPUs
December 24, 2012 3:49:55 AM

If that answered your question please select a best answer so the mods know your question was answered and can close the thread.
Score
December 24, 2012 4:31:23 AM

Best answer selected by nickel beer.
Score
a b à CPUs
December 24, 2012 4:57:19 AM

This topic has been closed by Pyree
Score
!