I dont get it ???

I dont get all these people that are playing on Low Pop Servsrs that
think they should have the right to move to High Pop Servers ?
Wouldnt it make more sense to move people off of the high Pop Servers
on to the Low Pop ones. this would take the pressure off of them and
fill the Low Pop ones up ? I know allot of people that would love to
move their Characters off of the higher pop servers.

Discuss..
9 answers Last reply
More about dont

    You can have 8 Characters on every Server.

    nvrsbr wrote:
    > You can have 8 Characters on every Server.

    I have 9 on two servers. I've had 10, before I deleted some.

    I have 10 on Malygos and 10 on Azjol-Nerub.

    nvrsbr wrote:
    > I dont get all these people that are playing on Low Pop Servsrs that
    > think they should have the right to move to High Pop Servers ?
    > Wouldnt it make more sense to move people off of the high Pop Servers
    > on to the Low Pop ones. this would take the pressure off of them and
    > fill the Low Pop ones up ? I know allot of people that would love to
    > move their Characters off of the higher pop servers.
    >
    > Discuss..

    Sometimes you can migrate from a hi pop server, but you will lose your
    guild :-(

    What happened with me is that I *had* to start at a hi pop server
    because all my RL friends played there. (it is also probably a very old
    server in Europe, Argent Dawn)

    I think the interface of WoW now allows you to have characters at
    multiple servers :-) I am a bit afraid to actually try this though..

    Thomas
    --
    Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

    Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
    > nvrsbr wrote:
    >
    >> I dont get all these people that are playing on Low Pop Servsrs that
    >> think they should have the right to move to High Pop Servers ?
    >> Wouldnt it make more sense to move people off of the high Pop Servers
    >> on to the Low Pop ones. this would take the pressure off of them and
    >> fill the Low Pop ones up ? I know allot of people that would love to
    >> move their Characters off of the higher pop servers.
    >>
    >> Discuss..
    >

    > Sometimes you can migrate from a hi pop server, but you will lose your
    > guild :-(
    >
    > What happened with me is that I *had* to start at a hi pop server
    > because all my RL friends played there. (it is also probably a very old
    > server in Europe, Argent Dawn)
    >
    > I think the interface of WoW now allows you to have characters at
    > multiple servers :-) I am a bit afraid to actually try this though..

    Nothing to fear. I have the following characters (all work just fine):

    Feathermoon

    Gyrus 60 Gnome Mage
    Heirobhan 48 Night Elf Hunter
    Xwngruuti 34 Troll Shaman
    Leach 30 Undead Warlock
    Sprightly 24 Gnome Warrior
    Fandrel 20 Night Elf Druid
    Mav 16 Night Elf Rogue
    Litchfield 13 Undead Priest
    Zipkohd 1 Troll Rogue

    Bleeding Hollow

    Creach 41 Undead Mage
    Xwngruuti 38 Troll Shaman
    Jikt 17 Troll Rogue
    Ratman 15 Undead Rogue
    Zingo 14 Troll Warrior
    Gravengaard 10 Undead Priest
    Ahgahn 8 Tauren Warrior
    Uuruu 6 Tauren Shaman
    Muley 1 Orc Warlock

    Shadow Council

    Quatherine 29 Gnome Rogue
    Malvin 16 Gnome Warlock
    Mactaggart 15 Dwarf Hunter
    Nuuru 14 Tauren Shaman
    Qualder 11 Gnome Mage
    Boffo 1 Gnome Warrior
    Gorgewight 1 Undead Warlock

    Suramar

    Ivanien 10 Night Elf Druid
    Yanek 8 Gnome Rogue

    Silver Hand

    Tisella 10 Gnome Rogue
    Kahgahn 1 Tauren Shaman

    Scarlet Crusade

    Uuruu 10 Tauren Shaman
    Zev 9 Troll Mage

    Partly, this was just an excuse to list them all in once place; I've
    never done that before. It also seems fun to list just the ones that are
    30+ (in descending order):

    Gyrus 60 Gnome Mage
    Heirobhan 48 Night Elf Hunter
    Creach 41 Undead Mage
    Xwngruuti 38 Troll Shaman
    Xwngruuti 34 Troll Shaman
    Leach 30 Undead Warlock

    Quatherine gets a lot of play time, and will soon be on the 30+ list.

    Before the inevitable questions start: I've been playing since the
    release, and for three months I was very sick and couldn't leave the
    house (could barely leave my bedroom). For much of this time, WoW was
    most of my social life, because I couldn't do much else. It permitted me
    to spend a lot of time with friends and relatives when I was too sick to
    do it any other way. My 68-year-old mother plays, and so does her
    sister; my daughters, age 23 and 18 also play, as does my brother and
    his family.

    I don't play anywhere near as much anymore, but I do play at least a
    little pretty much every day.

    There are a few cases where the same character (more or less) appears on
    more than one server. I play primarily with friends and relatives, and
    sometimes I have "recreated" a fun character on a new server in order to
    play that character with someone who is playing on that server.

    Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
    > Matt Frisch wrote:
    > > On 18 Jul 2005 14:04:36 -0700, "nvrsbr" <abryant1@shaw.ca> scribed into the
    > > ether:
    > >

    > >>You can have 8 Characters on every Server.
    > >

    > > Actually, there is a hard limit of 50 characters in total across all
    > > servers.
    >
    > That is still I lot!
    >
    > I started replying to nvrsbr that that would mean 49*8=392 characters
    > and that that was a lot of value for money, when I realized I had
    > probably misunderstood.
    >
    > So it is 10 per server and 50 max :-) Still quite a lot!
    >
    > Has this always been the case or have multiple server come with the
    > 1.5.0 patch? (I am quite new to the game compared to most posters here)

    I think that must have always been that way because you cannot have a
    horde character and an alliance character on the same PvP server. They
    must have always allowed you to use multiple servers to allow you to
    see both sides of the PvP game.

    I have had characters on multiple servers way longer than the 1.5.0
    patch.

    steve.kaye

    Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
    > Matt Frisch wrote:
    > > On 18 Jul 2005 14:04:36 -0700, "nvrsbr" <abryant1@shaw.ca> scribed into the
    > > ether:
    > >

    > >>You can have 8 Characters on every Server.
    > >

    > > Actually, there is a hard limit of 50 characters in total across all
    > > servers.
    >
    > That is still I lot!
    >
    > I started replying to nvrsbr that that would mean 49*8=392 characters
    > and that that was a lot of value for money, when I realized I had
    > probably misunderstood.
    >
    > So it is 10 per server and 50 max :-) Still quite a lot!
    >
    > Has this always been the case or have multiple server come with the
    > 1.5.0 patch? (I am quite new to the game compared to most posters here)

    I think that it has always been the case. You can't have a horde and
    an alliance character on the same PvP server so they need to allow you
    to use multiple servers so that you can see both sides of the PvP game.

    Certainly, I have had characters on multiple servers way before the
    1.5.0 patch.

    steve.kaye

    Matt Frisch wrote:
    > On 18 Jul 2005 14:04:36 -0700, "nvrsbr" <abryant1@shaw.ca> scribed into the
    > ether:
    >

    >>You can have 8 Characters on every Server.
    >

    > Actually, there is a hard limit of 50 characters in total across all
    > servers.

    That is still I lot!

    I started replying to nvrsbr that that would mean 49*8=392 characters
    and that that was a lot of value for money, when I realized I had
    probably misunderstood.

    So it is 10 per server and 50 max :-) Still quite a lot!

    Has this always been the case or have multiple server come with the
    1.5.0 patch? (I am quite new to the game compared to most posters here)

    Thomas
    --
    Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

Warcraft Games Servers Video Games