  • Servers
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
July 18, 2005 4:01:17 PM

I dont get all these people that are playing on Low Pop Servsrs that
think they should have the right to move to High Pop Servers ?
Wouldnt it make more sense to move people off of the high Pop Servers
on to the Low Pop ones. this would take the pressure off of them and
fill the Low Pop ones up ? I know allot of people that would love to
move their Characters off of the higher pop servers.

Discuss..

More about : dont

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 6:04:36 PM

You can have 8 Characters on every Server.
July 18, 2005 6:32:10 PM

nvrsbr wrote:
> You can have 8 Characters on every Server.

I have 9 on two servers. I've had 10, before I deleted some.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 1:33:04 AM

I have 10 on Malygos and 10 on Azjol-Nerub.

"nvrsbr" <abryant1@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> You can have 8 Characters on every Server.

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 2:49:54 AM

nvrsbr wrote:
> I dont get all these people that are playing on Low Pop Servsrs that
> think they should have the right to move to High Pop Servers ?
> Wouldnt it make more sense to move people off of the high Pop Servers
> on to the Low Pop ones. this would take the pressure off of them and
> fill the Low Pop ones up ? I know allot of people that would love to
> move their Characters off of the higher pop servers.
>
> Discuss..

Sometimes you can migrate from a hi pop server, but you will lose your
guild :-(

What happened with me is that I *had* to start at a hi pop server
because all my RL friends played there. (it is also probably a very old
server in Europe, Argent Dawn)

I think the interface of WoW now allows you to have characters at
multiple servers :-) I am a bit afraid to actually try this though..

Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
July 19, 2005 2:49:55 AM

Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
> nvrsbr wrote:
>
>> I dont get all these people that are playing on Low Pop Servsrs that
>> think they should have the right to move to High Pop Servers ?
>> Wouldnt it make more sense to move people off of the high Pop Servers
>> on to the Low Pop ones. this would take the pressure off of them and
>> fill the Low Pop ones up ? I know allot of people that would love to
>> move their Characters off of the higher pop servers.
>>
>> Discuss..
>

> Sometimes you can migrate from a hi pop server, but you will lose your
> guild :-(
>
> What happened with me is that I *had* to start at a hi pop server
> because all my RL friends played there. (it is also probably a very old
> server in Europe, Argent Dawn)
>
> I think the interface of WoW now allows you to have characters at
> multiple servers :-) I am a bit afraid to actually try this though..

Nothing to fear. I have the following characters (all work just fine):

Feathermoon

Gyrus 60 Gnome Mage
Heirobhan 48 Night Elf Hunter
Xwngruuti 34 Troll Shaman
Leach 30 Undead Warlock
Sprightly 24 Gnome Warrior
Fandrel 20 Night Elf Druid
Mav 16 Night Elf Rogue
Litchfield 13 Undead Priest
Zipkohd 1 Troll Rogue

Bleeding Hollow

Creach 41 Undead Mage
Xwngruuti 38 Troll Shaman
Jikt 17 Troll Rogue
Ratman 15 Undead Rogue
Zingo 14 Troll Warrior
Gravengaard 10 Undead Priest
Ahgahn 8 Tauren Warrior
Uuruu 6 Tauren Shaman
Muley 1 Orc Warlock

Shadow Council

Quatherine 29 Gnome Rogue
Malvin 16 Gnome Warlock
Mactaggart 15 Dwarf Hunter
Nuuru 14 Tauren Shaman
Qualder 11 Gnome Mage
Boffo 1 Gnome Warrior
Gorgewight 1 Undead Warlock

Suramar

Ivanien 10 Night Elf Druid
Yanek 8 Gnome Rogue

Silver Hand

Tisella 10 Gnome Rogue
Kahgahn 1 Tauren Shaman

Scarlet Crusade

Uuruu 10 Tauren Shaman
Zev 9 Troll Mage

Partly, this was just an excuse to list them all in once place; I've
never done that before. It also seems fun to list just the ones that are
30+ (in descending order):

Gyrus 60 Gnome Mage
Heirobhan 48 Night Elf Hunter
Creach 41 Undead Mage
Xwngruuti 38 Troll Shaman
Xwngruuti 34 Troll Shaman
Leach 30 Undead Warlock

Quatherine gets a lot of play time, and will soon be on the 30+ list.

Before the inevitable questions start: I've been playing since the
release, and for three months I was very sick and couldn't leave the
house (could barely leave my bedroom). For much of this time, WoW was
most of my social life, because I couldn't do much else. It permitted me
to spend a lot of time with friends and relatives when I was too sick to
do it any other way. My 68-year-old mother plays, and so does her
sister; my daughters, age 23 and 18 also play, as does my brother and
his family.

I don't play anywhere near as much anymore, but I do play at least a
little pretty much every day.

There are a few cases where the same character (more or less) appears on
more than one server. I play primarily with friends and relatives, and
sometimes I have "recreated" a fun character on a new server in order to
play that character with someone who is playing on that server.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 10:05:30 AM

Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
> Matt Frisch wrote:
> > On 18 Jul 2005 14:04:36 -0700, "nvrsbr" <abryant1@shaw.ca> scribed into the
> > ether:
> >

> >>You can have 8 Characters on every Server.
> >

> > Actually, there is a hard limit of 50 characters in total across all
> > servers.
>
> That is still I lot!
>
> I started replying to nvrsbr that that would mean 49*8=392 characters
> and that that was a lot of value for money, when I realized I had
> probably misunderstood.
>
> So it is 10 per server and 50 max :-) Still quite a lot!
>
> Has this always been the case or have multiple server come with the
> 1.5.0 patch? (I am quite new to the game compared to most posters here)

I think that must have always been that way because you cannot have a
horde character and an alliance character on the same PvP server. They
must have always allowed you to use multiple servers to allow you to
see both sides of the PvP game.

I have had characters on multiple servers way longer than the 1.5.0
patch.

steve.kaye
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 11:03:31 AM

Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
> Matt Frisch wrote:
> > On 18 Jul 2005 14:04:36 -0700, "nvrsbr" <abryant1@shaw.ca> scribed into the
> > ether:
> >

> >>You can have 8 Characters on every Server.
> >

> > Actually, there is a hard limit of 50 characters in total across all
> > servers.
>
> That is still I lot!
>
> I started replying to nvrsbr that that would mean 49*8=392 characters
> and that that was a lot of value for money, when I realized I had
> probably misunderstood.
>
> So it is 10 per server and 50 max :-) Still quite a lot!
>
> Has this always been the case or have multiple server come with the
> 1.5.0 patch? (I am quite new to the game compared to most posters here)

I think that it has always been the case. You can't have a horde and
an alliance character on the same PvP server so they need to allow you
to use multiple servers so that you can see both sides of the PvP game.

Certainly, I have had characters on multiple servers way before the
1.5.0 patch.

steve.kaye
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 2:51:34 PM

On 18 Jul 2005 14:04:36 -0700, "nvrsbr" <abryant1@shaw.ca> scribed into the
ether:

>You can have 8 Characters on every Server.

Actually, there is a hard limit of 50 characters in total across all
servers.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 5:42:51 PM

!