Registry Defragers do they do anything ???

Registry Defragers do they do anything ???

Not sure how big a registtery file is or how much its used in a usual
session of XP.

So would their be any benifit in defragging it ??

Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about registry defragers

    The general idea is that they defrag the registry (Duh).
    Does it help?
    The general consensus I've seen so far seems to be, they help, but only
    marginally.

    george

    "On Holidays" <abbyrow.com.uk> wrote in message

    > Registry Defragers do they do anything ???
    >

    > Not sure how big a registtery file is or how much its used in a usual
    > session of XP.
    >
    > So would their be any benifit in defragging it ??
    >
    > Thanks.

    Hi,

    It is best to leave the registry alone. Most third party tools claiming to clean up the registry
    etc. do more harm than good.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "On Holidays" <abbyrow.com.uk> wrote in message news:s9dp811jde9pj2m8h03iti5dg8cvkvocct@4ax.com...

    > Registry Defragers do they do anything ???
    >

    > Not sure how big a registtery file is or how much its used in a usual
    > session of XP.
    >
    > So would their be any benifit in defragging it ??
    >
    > Thanks.

    Anando [MS-MVP] rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

    > Hi,
    >
    > It is best to leave the registry alone. Most third party tools claiming to
    clean up the registry
    > etc. do more harm than good.

    He's no asking about cleaning it but defraging it.

    I have always had the nagging notion that it is rather odd to think
    another companies' software can do anything to maximize, optimize, defragg,
    or clean anything in a Windows OS...... Except for one; Linux can solve all
    problems you might have with Windows....Tee Hee
    "Black Baptist" <pray@the.church.com> wrote in message
    > Anando [MS-MVP] rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > It is best to leave the registry alone. Most third party tools claiming
    > clean up the registry
    > > etc. do more harm than good.
    > >

    > He's no asking about cleaning it but defraging it.

    Sandman rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

    > I have always had the nagging notion that it is rather odd to think
    > another companies' software can do anything to maximize, optimize, defragg,
    > or clean anything in a Windows OS...... Except for one; Linux can solve all
    > problems you might have with Windows....Tee Hee
    >"Black Baptist" <pray@the.church.com> wrote in message
    >> Anando [MS-MVP] rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:
    >>
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > It is best to leave the registry alone. Most third party tools claiming
    >> > to clean up the registry etc. do more harm than good.
    >> >

    >> He's no asking about cleaning it but defraging it.

    All OS's have their +'s and -'s :)

Configuration Registry Customization Microsoft Windows XP