Closed Solved

First Build CPU tough choice

I am planning on making a budget gaming PC. The guys at my local TigerDirect store have said "Spend your money on a better graphics card not on a CPU" I am planning on buying a AMD Radeon 7770 GPU.

So, my question is what AMD processor should I get for a budget build? I am looking to spend about $200 US dollars on the MOBO and CPU. (all together)
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about first build tough choice
  1. vlaudX said:
    I am planning on making a budget gaming PC. The guys at my local TigerDirect store have said "Spend your money on a better graphics card not on a CPU" I am planning on buying a AMD Radeon 7770 GPU.

So, my question is what AMD processor should I get for a budget build? I am looking to spend about $200 US dollars on the MOBO and CPU. (all together)

Get a 3rd gen I3 intel processor with a decent H77 motherboard.
  2. Get an i5 would be the way to go. Dont under estimate how much a CPU can make or break a game. i3 is minimum spec. The i5 with 4 GB RAM will meet the standard.
  3. Best answer
    im guessing youre on a $330-ish budget. this is how i would spend it

phenom ii x4 965 -$100

radeon hd 7850 - $170

motherboard - $60

yea for gaming you want to squeeze out the best graphics card you can get.
  4. i like that phenom.. But i don't think i can squeeze out the extra for the 7850 will it be a huge difference vs the 7770?
  5. yea the 7850 is a lot better. take a look
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/536?vs=549
  6. what mother boards fit the phenom x4 965 BE.. AM3 only?
  7. Best answer selected by vlaudX.
  8. am3 or am3+

probably want to get a am3+ just incase you want to upgrade your cpu to a piledriver later on
  9. ok, thanks for your help
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Build