Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Good build?

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 8, 2012 7:27:58 PM

Here is the specs I have:
Case: HAF X Full Tower
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO (Getting It soon)
CPU: Intel i7 2600k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti (Do I have to have 2 cards, As I only have 1 At the moment.)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B5ST 24x Internal SATA DVD Drive
HDD: Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB 7200 RPM Internal Hard Disk Drive
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-850AXUK Professional Series Gold 850W Power Supply

Good for gaming as well?
[Note: I want to know if it's compatible together.]

More about : good build

August 8, 2012 7:35:42 PM

Ry4n said:
Here is the specs I have:
Case: HAF X Full Tower
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO (Getting It soon)
CPU: Intel i7 2600k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti (Do I have to have 2 cards, As I only have 1 At the moment.)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B5ST 24x Internal SATA DVD Drive
HDD: Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB 7200 RPM Internal Hard Disk Drive
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-850AXUK Professional Series Gold 850W Power Supply

Good for gaming as well?

Yes it will be good. As for your second question, how are you going to game? What res? How many moniters? Are the moniters going to be in 3D?
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 7:38:43 PM

david_12 said:
Yes it will be good. As for your second question, how are you going to game? What res? How many moniters? Are the moniters going to be in 3D?


1. What do you mean by how am I going to game?
2. Resolution maybe 1280x720 or 1920 x 1080 (Native Resolution to Monitor)
3. x1 Monitor
4. The monitor is not in 3D.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 8, 2012 8:01:39 PM

Ry4n said:
1. What do you mean by how am I going to game?
2. Resolution maybe 1280x720 or 1920 x 1080 (Native Resolution to Monitor)
3. x1 Monitor
4. The monitor is not in 3D.

I meant what res and how many moniters and 3D sorry if i made it look like it was a seperate question. Yes you'll be fine if you game like that.
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 8:13:25 PM

david_12 said:
I meant what res and how many moniters and 3D sorry if i made it look like it was a seperate question. Yes you'll be fine if you game like that.


That's ok, and That's good then cheers! :D 
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 8:39:26 PM

Ry4n said:
Here is the specs I have:
Case: HAF X Full Tower
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO (Getting It soon)
CPU: Intel i7 2600k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti (Do I have to have 2 cards, As I only have 1 At the moment.)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B5ST 24x Internal SATA DVD Drive
HDD: Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB 7200 RPM Internal Hard Disk Drive
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-850AXUK Professional Series Gold 850W Power Supply

Good for gaming as well?
[Note: I want to know if it's compatible together.]

A gaming build is all about Frames Per Second. I see a lot of $$$$ sunk into that case, board, psu, cpu, and o/s and you shorted yourself in the graphics department. For what all that totals up to I could post a solid build with a GTX 670 and the option to add another one later on along with a 240GB SSD.
m
0
l
August 8, 2012 10:21:35 PM

Why_Me said:
A gaming build is all about Frames Per Second. I see a lot of $$$$ sunk into that case, board, psu, cpu, and o/s and you shorted yourself in the graphics department. For what all that totals up to I could post a solid build with a GTX 670 and the option to add another one later on along with a 240GB SSD.


I'll be getting a SSD in the future, I'll try the 240gb. :) 
m
0
l
August 9, 2012 1:54:05 PM

Even though you'll probably be fine with your build, I agree with Why me. Save yourself some money (If you need to) by going with a I5 2500K or I5 3750K. In gaming, you really won't see a performance change between an I5 and an I7 because games don't really take advantage of hyperthreading (they usually only use up to four cores, not 8). So with that saved money upgrade to a better graphics card (GTX 670 like whyme suggested is good) so that you can play your games at high setting at 1080p and still get good FPS.
m
0
l
!