Sign in with
Your question

What's wrong with my Graphics Card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 18, 2012 5:33:47 PM

So I was playing a game one day and all of a sudden it started lagging, the screen tore and textures weren't loading properly before it came to a complete stop. I reformatted and updated the drivers but the problem still persists.

Is there something wrong on the hardware side of things?

(It's an Alienware M14x with a GT555M)

More about : wrong graphics card

a c 99 U Graphics card
June 18, 2012 5:38:45 PM

How is the temps of your laptop? It could be overheating. Make sure your laptop is well ventilated.
m
l
June 18, 2012 5:52:51 PM

Yea, I made sure my laptop was well ventilated and not overheating so that doesnt seem to be the problem.

It happened yesterday and it has still persisted despite me reformatting and updating the drivers, in all honestly I've been playing a game that's still in its alpha stages so due to the NDA i can't disclose what it is but it's definitely not as consuming as BF3(which I managed to play on ultra). This is the first time that it has happened of all the times I was testing the game and I'm not sure what's affecting it, I ran dxdiag and nothing seemed abnormal...
m
l
Related resources
a c 99 U Graphics card
June 18, 2012 6:08:52 PM

Well, if your are alpha testing a game, I'd suggest you'd report it to the developers about the issue.
m
l
June 18, 2012 6:15:11 PM

Hmm yes I did i tried other games(red orchestra2, supreme commander 2) and the same issues are happening to them so I was thinking something might have broke in the card.
m
l
a c 99 U Graphics card
June 18, 2012 6:18:54 PM

Do you still have warranty on the laptop? I suggest to send it in for repair.
m
l
June 21, 2012 6:39:48 AM

I doubt so, when my game crashes display driver stopped working/kernel error pops up if that helps.

I'll probably have to send it off then :/ 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2012 7:04:46 AM

Quote:

GIVE ME FULL INFORMATION !

No need to be harsh. :D 
Your name is harsh enough ( no pun intended ). :lol: 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2012 7:36:12 AM

harsh is an indian name @randomkid
display driver hs stopped working..... pops up when the gpu heats up son there is probably a glitch in the game..
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2012 7:43:32 AM

who me?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2012 7:50:14 AM

haha nice!!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2012 7:52:39 AM

ty ty
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2012 8:41:28 AM

Quote:
Well randomkid is a funny name.
No matter where you live.
If i have to name you then i will name you cumbustion man

Well... if I see "combustion man" in any forum, I know its you.

@Forkkind, sorry about the distraction regarding names & avatars...
Hope you sort out your problem & may Alienware treat you kindly about your laptop problem.
m
l
!