NeedHelp Finding New Graphics Card

Hello,

I'm in need of finding a new graphics card. And, yes, I was one of those dumb few to buy Diablo III without checking the system requirements and that is how I ended up here.

My System Specs:

OS Name: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
System Model: Inspiron 537s
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, 2336 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Memory: 4060MB RAM

My price range is around $100. Thanks in advance.
14 answers Last reply
More about needhelp finding graphics card
  1. Get a 7750. It'll play Diablo 3 great and is in the $100-120 range. You can go a bit higher if you want with a 7770 for about $130-140, if you have the money.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121633
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127664
  2. Will I need to check my power supply, to see if it will support the graphic card?
  3. Yeah, I almost forgot about that. A 300W PSU will be enough for the 7750. Check yours and we'll see if you need an upgrade :)
  4. Ok, I'm just gonna shut it down real quick, open it up and check. Give a few minutes and I'll get back to you.
  5. Sorry for the wait, I looked on the power supply and found:

"MAX 250W"

I'm really only trying to just upgrade my graphics card. So will the ones provided work with my power supply? Or is there a possibility of finding other graphics card to work with my power supply?
  6. Even if you can find a GPU for that power supply, it won't be powerful enough to run Diablo 3. I'd say go with the cheaper 7750 and invest what you can into something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371045
  7. Alright, that doesn't seem too expensive. Now, both of these will fit into my Inspiron 537s? And if so, are there any references for installation I could see? I'm fairly new to this upgrading computer business.
  8. If you are ONLY going to play Diablo 3 then get a 7750 as Diablo doesn't yield much power from modern-day GPUS. If you knock down the settings I'm sure you can get a steady 50 FPS.
  9. MindShelter said:
    Alright, that doesn't seem too expensive. Now, both of these will fit into my Inspiron 537s? And if so, are there any references for installation I could see? I'm fairly new to this upgrading computer business.

That I do not know, I'm not very good with cases.
  10. Ok, thank you for the help. Do you perhaps know a site or forum where I could find out if they will?
  11. Well yeah, here :D Just post a thread in a different subsection and category. I believe CPU & Components-->Cases & Mods will have what you need.
  12. the hd 7750 is the way to go!
  13. yea and if you get the chance(correct me if im wrong), you might get abit of a performance increase if you get rid of that vista os and get windows 7.
  14. stapo19 said:
    yea and if you get the chance(correct me if im wrong), you might get abit of a performance increase if you get rid of that vista os and get windows 7.

I think vista also supports DX11 but it's just a bit buggy.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Processors Graphics Product