Your question

First mATX Build Questions

Tags:
  • Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
August 8, 2012 8:31:55 PM

So I want to build a small decent rig for some gaming and light video editing/media. This is what I've narrowed down the build to:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy
PSU: Corsair TX750V2
Motherboard:ASRock Z77E-ITX Mini ITX LGA1155
CPU: Intel Core I5-3570K Ivy Bridge
Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 OC
RAM:Corsair Vengeance 8GB Low Profile
CD/DVD Drive: Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P

Now I'm wondering about cooling in a smaller case. Am I going to need extra cooling hardware other than the stock case fans? I don't plan to overclock. I'd be open to some simple and easy liquid cooling as I've never done it before. If I do need some other cooling options what are some suggestions for decent quality quiet fans? What about a processor cooler such as the Cooler Master 212 EVO or some sort of GPU cooler?

And lastly is the RAM I've chosen going to fit / a good choice?

Thanks!

More about : matx build questions

August 8, 2012 9:43:17 PM

the prodigy isnt as small as you think. its only a bit smaller than a matx case

what is your budget and what parts do you not need? i can probably build a better Matx build
m
l
August 8, 2012 9:49:22 PM

There are very good m-ATX cases that cool well
mini-ITX needs even more careful design

so Id check out the silverstone TJ 08e case and see if it is small enough for you

Either way you do not need a 750 watt psu . You should be fine with a good quality 500 - 550 watt unit
m
l
August 8, 2012 10:14:05 PM

azrie said:
So I want to build a small decent rig for some gaming and light video editing/media. This is what I've narrowed down the build to:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy
PSU: Corsair TX750V2
Motherboard:ASRock Z77E-ITX Mini ITX LGA1155
CPU: Intel Core I5-3570K Ivy Bridge
Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 OC
RAM:Corsair Vengeance 8GB Low Profile
CD/DVD Drive: Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P

Now I'm wondering about cooling in a smaller case. Am I going to need extra cooling hardware other than the stock case fans? I don't plan to overclock. I'd be open to some simple and easy liquid cooling as I've never done it before. If I do need some other cooling options what are some suggestions for decent quality quiet fans? What about a processor cooler such as the Cooler Master 212 EVO or some sort of GPU cooler?

And lastly is the RAM I've chosen going to fit / a good choice?

Thanks!

*Get a samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, the caviar black is not worth it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

*750w is simply overkill for your components, get this PSU http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml... its only 50$ after the MIR and its quality is simply outstanding.

*Low profile ram always fits, good choice!

*Idk if you are short on space but a decent mid tower case like the HAF 912 would be a bit better, you can also buy a few red led fans to make it cooler (in both ways ;) ) and its only 50$!!
m
l
!