Dupe

Last response: in Video Games
July 19, 2005 4:52:22 PM

Looks like most servers economy has been ruined. Both gold and items duped.
No word from Blizzard yet.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-ge...

More about : dupe

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 4:52:23 PM

If they do a Rollback I will be moving on.....

There are rumors that they will be rolling back to the last weeks
Maintenance....its just a Rumor though.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 4:52:23 PM

can some one post text.
websense blocks the forums.
Related resources
July 19, 2005 4:52:23 PM

This is another post from "Finkle", lvl 1 alt...

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-ge...

1. Regarding The Dupe Exploit.. | 7/19/2005 4:39:13 AM PDT

Yeah, enough is enough, I've sent in the method to hacks@blizzard.com, sorry
to all you exploiters, well, not really. Hell, if I wasn't on vacation, I
might be one of the douchebags using the exploit right now, my D2 Glory days
urging me to exploit again. Didn't really take long to stumble across the
exploit, 2-3 minutes at most once I heard about it. That's about it, it's
sent in now with full explanation and method showing for the bug team. My
guys at cheatlist, blizzhackers, d2jsp, etc. would be so upset with me now,
but I enjoy this game, and I don't want it to be ruined, especially since my
server Smolderthorn is being torn apart by the bug, 10x Krol Blades going up
by one guy? No thanks, I'll keep it legit.

Keep it real,
Broddo

2. Re: Regarding The Dupe Exploit.. | 7/19/2005 4:41:59 AM PDT

Oh and BTW, if a blue reads this, http://www.gamebugs.org is the group
responsible for this exploit, along with a good amount of other exploits,
bots, etc. concerning WoW. Since you brought down
http://www.blizzhackers.com for the same reasons, along with server
emulation, it's only reasonable to look into bringing down this website,
these guys get paid to ruin your game.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 4:52:23 PM

thanks!
hmm spinebreaker and zul farak was crashing alot lsat night
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 4:52:23 PM

I just wish people would stop posting about the Dupe in the Blizzard
forums. The servers are horridly slow and/or completely non responsive
from the load of the hysteria of this dupe. The best thing Blizzard
can do is to post official comments on the front of their website.

A rollback would be a pain. I spent the past week working hard in my
free time (casual gamer) to get from 49 to 50. I've been working on
this character since the day the game was announced. I don't think I
could stand doing all of those quests over again, some required a lot
of creativity for me to pull them off solo. Argh!
July 19, 2005 4:52:24 PM

"nvrsbr" <abryant1@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> If they do a Rollback I will be moving on.....
>
> There are rumors that they will be rolling back to the last weeks
> Maintenance....its just a Rumor though.

Like first post said, though, no word from Blizz, yet. The silence on their
part is deafening. All instance in Uldum were bugged/unplayable last nite.

Phlip
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 4:52:24 PM

Here is a recent post outlining the issue. The forums are alive with duping
talk. A rollback to 1.6 and I will have to consider leaving WoW. As a
previous devoted player of DII, I am just not willing to go thru that BS
again. Blizzard dragged there ass on DII and let a great game go to pot,
they still have a lot to learn.

from someone following this for a few days now. I've been telling everyone
on my server about the lvl 30s zoning in and out of Maraudon that never log
out. About how it's most likely that they are duplicating items. Interesting
facts:

"Optional" <john_barry74@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> can some one post text.
> websense blocks the forums.

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 4:59:36 PM

I agree. I would fully support rolling back the servers as far as
necessary to make this all go away. I am a casual player, maybe a
dozen hours a week, so I may be on the low end of people who people who
have something to lose by a rollback. Still, I feel it is important to
stamp this out.

I was playing EverQuest a year or so ago, when there were similar bugs
in existence. Suffice it to say that stupid amounts of money were
being created from thin air. People then took this money, went to the
trading area, and really had no incentive to, say, spend a week waiting
for a low/reasonable price on some uber gear. The average price of
just about everything (even low end stuff) doubled, at least, over the
span of a week or two, on my server. It took many, many months for
prices to come back down to reasonable levels. In short, the economy
was screwed up to the point where a normal "little guy" had his buying
power dropped through the floor.

In fairness, this was perhaps a bigger deal in EQ than in WoW. In EQ,
greater maturity/mudflation meant that most of what was considered
worth trading was inaccessible until you reached the upper or mid
levels, except for low level tradeskill ingredients. I think I looted
only one equippable item that someone might have paid money for until I
was in my 30's or so. Most of what my EQ characters wore was bought
from other players, not looted or quested. By contrast, my WoW
characters in their teens frequently loot green items or get quest
rewards that are substantial gear upgrades. This may mitigate the
impact on WoW, but even my low level characters find things to buy and
sell at the AH.

If Blizzard can fix this without a rollback, that would be great. I'd
rather not lose any playtime. However, if a rollback is the cost of
getting rid of this, then roll it back, if it makes it all go away for
good! This can turn into something *very* ugly.
July 19, 2005 5:08:56 PM

I'm a bit confused, i havn't played for a couple of weeks (RL
interviened), whats been going on, whats this duping?

AHA
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 5:13:00 PM

i dont think the economies will be that messed up.
it apears that the market will be flooded with the duped items. but
they will eventually leave the market and
the economy will return to normal on that end.
as far as the gold dupe. we can compare that to just the farmers.
now we can revert this arguemtn back to
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.games.warcraft/...
thanks
John
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 5:43:48 PM

That's why I prefer games with simply no economy, like City of Heroes.
No 'uber lewt'. You are as good as you play.

I wouldn't complain if all blue items and beyond were made unique
July 19, 2005 5:52:23 PM

Cheers, is this a result of the recent patch? Or just another hack
someones figured out?
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 6:51:25 PM

"Optional" <john_barry74@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> can some one post text.
> websense blocks the forums.

Heres some posts....

.. from someone following this for a few days now. I've been telling
everyone on my server about the lvl 30s zoning in and out of Maraudon that
never log out. About how it's most likely that they are duplicating items.
Interesting facts:

> On very many, possibly all servers, level 30 chars, and lvl 60 chars, have
> been zoning in and out of Maraudon orange non-stop for days. Clearly, they
> are up to no good. They do not respond, are ungrouped, and if they are
> guilded it is in a guild with shady reputations.

> Maraudon is bugged right now. That makes it a nice target.

> There seems to be a dupe involving the rollback that occurs when you
> attempt to zone into an instance after a crash of the world server.

> Maraudon crashes a lot, and on our server, everything else has been
> crashing a lot too. Molten Core has crashed 8/9 nights. This started
> before the patch. All instances are crashing quite a bit, with weird
> things happening, like people getting ported out, ppl landing in instances
> with no mobs, ppl seeing duplicate mobs such as onyxia and lucifron.

> Crazy reports from servers. These include 10 Krol blades in auction house
> from same seller. People literally giving away gold, a likely measure to
> smear the trail and make the dirty gold impossible to trace / remove.
> Someone buying up EVERY ITEM IN AUCTION HOUSE WITH A BUYOUT and relisting
> at huge prices.

> From one I've been able to dig up, it's working for gold and items. The
> person with 10 krol blades up at once either doesn't care and just thinks
> it's funny, or is dumb. The vast majority of these chars are probably just
> creating ABSURD amounts of gold.

> This has been going on non-stop, unchecked, for quite awhile, I believe
> before patch 1.6. But, the cat is fully out of the bag now.

> The amount of gold/items that has been duped by now is likely astounding.

> Blizz has been totally silent here. We are all just waiting now. Something
> has to be done.

This is a bad day for Blizzard and the WoW community.

Blizzard has limited options. They can:

1. Take the sledgehammer approach and roll back affected servers to some
time before the exploit. This will make a lot of people very angry. Most of
these people are innocent. This is a last resort strategy because no company
likes to annoy so many customers.

2. Blizzard can track down duped gold/items and delete them. This is
impossible to do in the normal 6 hour maintenance window. There are many
ways to launder gold in WoW. Every time something is traded, the web grows
more complex. The fraud is hidden that much further back. They would have to
put a stop to all new transactions, shutting down servers possibly for
several days while they identify "unusual" transactions, and follow the
trail of the gold as it changed hands millions of times. This would also
annoy many innocent people.

3. They could hit the biggest targets. This means identifying people who
have had massive influxes of gold in a short time, or received the same
identical blue/purple item more than twice in a week. Then they would
suspend those accounts and bring back the servers online. They can then
investigate the banned accounts more thoroughly. This would in effect stop
the dupers but ignore the dupes already in the economy. This is the
likeliest scenario, since Blizzard probably already have the tools in place
to identify people who receive large amounts of gold or multiple identical
epics/blues. If they set the limits sufficiently high (say 5,000 gold
received in a week) they will likely filter out ONLY the dupers, and no one
will complain when the accounts are banned. Perhaps a high limit will allow
some of the small scale dupers to go free, but better to do that than to
hurt innocent people.

Of course, none of these solutions will work unless they SIMULTANEOUSLY PLUG
THE HOLES IN THE GAME WHICH ALLOW THIS EXPLOIT. Having played D2 for years,
I am not optimistic about Blizzard's ability to act quickly.

I hope Blizzard acts quickly and thoughtfully in this matter, because
nothing ruins a game faster than dupes.

Yes, it's pretty definite.

Blizzard has known about it for several days. Within the past couple of days
Blizzard has already banned many accounts suspected of being involved in
duping and selling gold. I don't know what they've done about the duped
ITEMS, as opposed to gold. Luckily, my server (Burning Blade) is one of the
less-affected servers. At least, I haven't seen 10 Krol Blades on the AH at
the same time from the same seller as some other people have reported seeing
on their servers.

This is getting out of hand. Servers are wracked with instance glitches the
likes of which nobody has ever seen before - and it cannot be blamed on 1.6
anymore. This is more than a simple glitch in the patch.

What is happening has become obvious to practically everyone on my server -
and with the merest of exploration into other realm servers, the problem
becomes clear - and clearly an epidemic.

When known gold farmers and gold farming guilds send all their script-bots
to instances like Mauradon and Uldaman and have them enter and exit, enter
and exit, enter and exit for twenty-four hours a day, when the Auction
Houses become suddenly flooded with duplicate items
(http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/6536/duppe1qa.gif) all of whole being
sold by the same person or team of persons AT THE SAME TIME that bizarre and
heretofore unimaginable instance bugs:

a.. Instances inexplicably crashing and resetting with duplicate mobs

a.. Players randomly transported to farmed instances entrances or told by
the system that they are in an instance they are not

a.. Mobs dozens of levels too high for the instance inexplicably spawning
inside the instance

(Et Cetera)

It becomes impossible to ignore that the recent problems on ALL of our
servers may well be a side effect of an item duplication exploit.

If the Farmers themselves are resistant to banning, by popping back up with
a new name and a new card, fine.
If the IPs these sweatshop workers hail from are resistant to being blocked
due to IP spoofs and other hacks, fine.

It is fine enough to point fingers at the now-legendary 'Chinese Gold
Farmers' but the simple fact of the matter is that these farmers would NOT
exist on ANY of our servers if there did not exist a market for second-hand
gold.

The fault is not the Farmers, ladies and gentlemen, the fault is in the
Buyer.

The people who have been blithely flaunting the rules and refusing to work
within the system by purchasing sencond-hand cash farmed by sweatshop
employees making slave wages are to blame for this current spate of
game-breaking instance server glitches.

The time has come, if Blizzard is unable to combat the companies that farm
these items and this gold, to clearly state "Enough is enough", put our foot
down and stop turning a blind eye to the practices of these people who are
supporting the companies that are ruining our game.

I urge the members of this community to each open a GM ticket stating that
you support an aggressive banning campaign for the buyers of second-hand
gold.

Thank you.

etc etc etc....
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 6:56:01 PM

"Optional" <john_barry74@hotmail.com> wrote:

>i dont think the economies will be that messed up.
>it apears that the market will be flooded with the duped items. but
>they will eventually leave the market and
>the economy will return to normal on that end.

That all depends on whether or not Blizzard is serious about ending
the duping. Duping destroyed Diablo, another Blizzard game, and Blizz
seemingly stood by and watched it happen. DII became a barter economy
which for a long time was based on the value of a duped ring , the
Stone of Jordan. All items were valued, not in gold, but in so many
Stones of Jordan. I had a dozen Stones at any one time, and I never
found any of them, and don't know anyone who did. They came by way of
trade for legit items that I found -- of course the term "legit"
became a flexible thing. Later it just deteriorated into spamming the
trade channels with "I will trade my uber paladin shield for a deadly
steel whiz bang". Substitute Krol Blade and Heartseeker, and you get
the idea. The next step after that is selling duped Krol Blades and
Heartseekers on eBay for $10. And it didn't end there. The dupers
found a way to introduce bugged items into the game that had
properties that no legitimate item ever had. How would you like to
have a pair of 150% run speed boots, or maybe a 500 - 1000 dmg dagger?
Potentially a very sad situation.

>as far as the gold dupe. we can compare that to just the farmers.
>now we can revert this arguemtn back to
>http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.games.warcraft/...
>thanks
>John
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 9:03:01 PM

"Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote:

> It becomes impossible to ignore that the recent problems on ALL of our
> servers may well be a side effect of an item duplication exploit.
>
> If the Farmers themselves are resistant to banning, by popping back up with
> a new name and a new card, fine.
> If the IPs these sweatshop workers hail from are resistant to being blocked
> due to IP spoofs and other hacks, fine.
>
> It is fine enough to point fingers at the now-legendary 'Chinese Gold
> Farmers' but the simple fact of the matter is that these farmers would NOT
> exist on ANY of our servers if there did not exist a market for second-hand
> gold.
>
> The fault is not the Farmers, ladies and gentlemen, the fault is in the
> Buyer.
>
> The people who have been blithely flaunting the rules and refusing to work
> within the system by purchasing sencond-hand cash farmed by sweatshop
> employees making slave wages are to blame for this current spate of
> game-breaking instance server glitches.
>
> The time has come, if Blizzard is unable to combat the companies that farm
> these items and this gold, to clearly state "Enough is enough", put our foot
> down and stop turning a blind eye to the practices of these people who are
> supporting the companies that are ruining our game.
>
> I urge the members of this community to each open a GM ticket stating that
> you support an aggressive banning campaign for the buyers of second-hand
> gold.

/clap

Chris... (if only someone would dupe warden staffs and sell them for 10g on
my server)

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (57) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

If they do roll it back, I'd love to see the faces of the people that spent
good money for illegitimate gains. Some might even have the nerve to try to
get refunds. Maybe that will get the buyers to think twice about the whole
scheme.

"Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in message
> [...]
> second-hand gold.
>
> The fault is not the Farmers, ladies and gentlemen, the fault is in the
> Buyer.
>
> The people who have been blithely flaunting the rules and refusing to work
> within the system by purchasing sencond-hand cash farmed by sweatshop
> employees making slave wages are to blame for this current spate of
> game-breaking instance server glitches.
>
> The time has come, if Blizzard is unable to combat the companies that farm
> these items and this gold, to clearly state "Enough is enough", put our
> foot down and stop turning a blind eye to the practices of these people
> who are supporting the companies that are ruining our game.
>
> I urge the members of this community to each open a GM ticket stating that
> you support an aggressive banning campaign for the buyers of second-hand

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 11:55:12 PM

Vladesch wrote:
<snip>
> 1. Take the sledgehammer approach and roll back affected servers to some
> time before the exploit. This will make a lot of people very angry. Most of
> these people are innocent. This is a last resort strategy because no company
> likes to annoy so many customers.

They probably log the time you were online. So if they give you extra
rested state when you log on after the roll back.. That would kind of
make up for this first solution. Rested state was created in this game
to make up for not playing every hour of the day anyhow! So it is kind
of a balancing solution anyway. I wouldn't mind doing the quests I did
last week again (but I might not have as much luck with the great
parties I was in last week). Having the economy (game) ruined seems like
a worse option.

They could also compensate the players with a free month of
subscription. (At least to get the game-time back that we lost because
of a roll back)

Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
Anonymous

> I don't really care about time, and levels. Those are easy enough to make
> up. But if they rollback, I'll lose the drops I got in that time period,
> and some of those drops (Devout Shoulders, Spelbound Tome) represent a lot
> more value to my character than could ever be expressed in rest state or
> monthly fees. And what about the level 60s, who gain *nothing* from rest
> xp, how shall you compensate them for a rollback?

I got freaking Might Shoulders on saturday from MC, I will be very pissed if
I lose those. Not to mention the hours and hours i spent in WSG to get 50k
CP the past couple days.
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:39:16 AM

Brian wrote:
<snip>
> I don't really care about time, and levels. Those are easy enough to make
> up. But if they rollback, I'll lose the drops I got in that time period,
> and some of those drops (Devout Shoulders, Spelbound Tome) represent a lot
> more value to my character than could ever be expressed in rest state or
> monthly fees. And what about the level 60s, who gain *nothing* from rest
> xp, how shall you compensate them for a rollback?

Good points! But at least you would have had fun playing. Those items
will drop again and level 60s will be compensated by not having their
game ruined by high inflation.

I can talk easily about this though, my highest character is near level
11 only.. (apart from a level 12 char at a friends house who got me
playing WoW)

I'm a relative noob,
Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:39:17 AM

"Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
> Brian wrote:
> <snip>
> > I don't really care about time, and levels. Those are easy enough to
make
> > up. But if they rollback, I'll lose the drops I got in that time
period,
> > and some of those drops (Devout Shoulders, Spelbound Tome) represent a
lot
> > more value to my character than could ever be expressed in rest state or
> > monthly fees. And what about the level 60s, who gain *nothing* from
rest
> > xp, how shall you compensate them for a rollback?
>
> Good points! But at least you would have had fun playing. Those items
> will drop again and level 60s will be compensated by not having their
> game ruined by high inflation.
>
> I can talk easily about this though, my highest character is near level
> 11 only.. (apart from a level 12 char at a friends house who got me
> playing WoW)
>
> I'm a relative noob,
> Thomas
> --
> Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

I don't really care about inflation. Anything you need or want in this game
can be farmed. Need an Arcanite Reaper? Go farm thorium veins and pay to
have it crafted. There isn't a single epic or blue item I want that is sold
on the AH. All of the best items are either crafted from farmable materials
or are BoP from killing very difficult bosses or from PvPing nonstop. Unless
the farmers can somehow make BoP items BoE, it really doesn't effect me that
much.

Leveling up is a different story but once I hit 60 I never bought a single
piece of armor or a weapon off the AH. Honestly you can get along just fine
with all green items until 60, if you spend 50g on some blue sword it's
already obsolete in 5 levels anyways.
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:45:27 AM

Jimbob wrote:
> I'm a bit confused, i havn't played for a couple of weeks (RL
> interviened), whats been going on, whats this duping?
>
> AHA

Apparently someone found a way to dupe items and gold, thus bringing the
economy out of balance (selling many high end items in AH at once, giving
away gold, etc.).

The dupe method is even being sold on eBay :/

A question for anyone who might know this: Is both US and EU servers?

Devast8or
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 3:46:09 AM

McDLT wrote:
<snip>
> I don't really care about inflation. Anything you need or want in this game
> can be farmed. Need an Arcanite Reaper? Go farm thorium veins and pay to
> have it crafted. There isn't a single epic or blue item I want that is sold
> on the AH. All of the best items are either crafted from farmable materials
> or are BoP from killing very difficult bosses or from PvPing nonstop. Unless
> the farmers can somehow make BoP items BoE, it really doesn't effect me that
> much.

That would make it easy for Blizzard then. Do a roll back on all gold
and non-BoP items. You could even keep your acquired XP I guess..

> Leveling up is a different story but once I hit 60 I never bought a single
> piece of armor or a weapon off the AH. Honestly you can get along just fine
> with all green items until 60, if you spend 50g on some blue sword it's
> already obsolete in 5 levels anyways.

But if you've got money it is a nice little extra for you. I just wish
you could see how you looked with the new items /before/ you bought
them. Once I looked like a tall leather 'dike' (no insult intended) and
now I look like a small sack of potato's. At least the high level items
I see in IF always look good..

Just so that I have it right:
AH == Auction House
BoP/BoE == Binds on Pickup/Equipped

Regs,
Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 3:46:10 AM

> McDLT wrote:
> <snip>
> > I don't really care about inflation. Anything you need or want in this
game
> > can be farmed. Need an Arcanite Reaper? Go farm thorium veins and pay to
> > have it crafted. There isn't a single epic or blue item I want that is
sold
> > on the AH. All of the best items are either crafted from farmable
materials
> > or are BoP from killing very difficult bosses or from PvPing nonstop.
Unless
> > the farmers can somehow make BoP items BoE, it really doesn't effect me
that
> > much.
>
> That would make it easy for Blizzard then. Do a roll back on all gold
> and non-BoP items. You could even keep your acquired XP I guess..
>
> > Leveling up is a different story but once I hit 60 I never bought a
single
> > piece of armor or a weapon off the AH. Honestly you can get along just
fine
> > with all green items until 60, if you spend 50g on some blue sword it's
> > already obsolete in 5 levels anyways.
>
> But if you've got money it is a nice little extra for you. I just wish
> you could see how you looked with the new items /before/ you bought
> them. Once I looked like a tall leather 'dike' (no insult intended) and
> now I look like a small sack of potato's. At least the high level items
> I see in IF always look good..
>
> Just so that I have it right:
> AH == Auction House
> BoP/BoE == Binds on Pickup/Equipped

There is a mod called auctioneer that lets you see textureless models of
some items when you roll over them.
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 4:55:23 AM

im playing on a EU Server (kor'ghall) and never saw sth like this.. are
only US server beeing "duped"?
btw: "1. Server Crushed" means: All ppl r beein kicked from server? or
"only" the ones that causes crash? Cause server shutdowns only happend
5 times or so in my playtime... (i.e. 30 Days /played)
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 5:13:31 AM

Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
> McDLT wrote:
> <snip>
> > I don't really care about inflation. Anything you need or want in this game
> > can be farmed. Need an Arcanite Reaper? Go farm thorium veins and pay to
> > have it crafted. There isn't a single epic or blue item I want that is sold
> > on the AH. All of the best items are either crafted from farmable materials
> > or are BoP from killing very difficult bosses or from PvPing nonstop. Unless
> > the farmers can somehow make BoP items BoE, it really doesn't effect me that
> > much.
>
> That would make it easy for Blizzard then. Do a roll back on all gold
> and non-BoP items. You could even keep your acquired XP I guess..

That wouldn't really work because BoP items can still be sold to
merchants - ok they go for a lot less than they do to players but if
you are making them for free then it can still add up to a lot quite
quickly.

steve.kaye
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 7:12:54 AM

McDLT a écrit :

> > I don't really care about time, and levels. Those are easy enough to make
> > up. But if they rollback, I'll lose the drops I got in that time period,
> > and some of those drops (Devout Shoulders, Spelbound Tome) represent a lot
> > more value to my character than could ever be expressed in rest state or
> > monthly fees. And what about the level 60s, who gain *nothing* from rest
> > xp, how shall you compensate them for a rollback?
>

> I got freaking Might Shoulders on saturday from MC, I will be very pissed if
> I lose those. Not to mention the hours and hours i spent in WSG to get 50k
> CP the past couple days.

Just remember: the culprit is the hacker/duper, not the police/justice.
If you get angry, don't look at the wrong person. There is a crisis
here, and the enemy is NOT Blizzard.
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 7:40:17 AM

Mroczny Baranek schrieb:
> > im playing on a EU Server (kor'ghall) and never saw sth like this.. are
> > only US server beeing "duped"?
> > btw: "1. Server Crushed" means: All ppl r beein kicked from server? or
> > "only" the ones that causes crash? Cause server shutdowns only happend
> > 5 times or so in my playtime... (i.e. 30 Days /played)
>
> I will not give you complete guide to dupe (like for dumies). I will
> send ticket to GM (if you give me your char name) with info ( Player
> Your_name_here was asking about dupe in instance). eot

U missunderstood... I wanna know if me as a non duper can c if someone
dupes on my server. or if this crush is only for the dupers...
so: because there were only 5 server crash in my whole playtime i.e. no
dupers on my server? thats what i wanna know... not, how to dupe....
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 10:19:01 AM

yeah would be a ban if that picture wasnt fake.
now the duping may have been going on but that pic is such a farce it
isnt funny
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:10:29 PM

> im playing on a EU Server (kor'ghall) and never saw sth like this.. are
> only US server beeing "duped"?
> btw: "1. Server Crushed" means: All ppl r beein kicked from server? or
> "only" the ones that causes crash? Cause server shutdowns only happend
> 5 times or so in my playtime... (i.e. 30 Days /played)

I will not give you complete guide to dupe (like for dumies). I will
send ticket to GM (if you give me your char name) with info ( Player
Your_name_here was asking about dupe in instance). eot
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:26:43 PM

On 2005-07-19 22:45:27 +0200, "Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> said:

> A question for anyone who might know this: Is both US and EU servers?

According to the thread on the official forum, the symptoms were that
level 30 players were zoning in and out of maraudon. I check for this
behavior several times on the Bloodscalp server and even went as far as
creating some chars on 4 other servers (iirc Burning Blade, Earthern
Ring where among them, dont remember the others) and none of the
servers showed the descripted behavior.

Either the European market isn't interesting enough for the Chinese
farmers or the instance problems don't occur to such a degree on our
servers.
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 59 - Bloodscalp EU

On 2005-07-20 10:13:31 +0200, "steve.kaye" <nospam@giddy-kippers.co.uk> said:

> That wouldn't really work because BoP items can still be sold to
> merchants - ok they go for a lot less than they do to players but if
> you are making them for free then it can still add up to a lot quite
> quickly.

Dont forget you can also disenchant them. BoP stuff is probably the
best for this as they tend to be higher quality and thus give better
enchanting components.
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 59 - Bloodscalp EU
Gwar - Orcish Warrior lvl 10 - Bloodscalp EU
Chasey - Undead Priest lvl 19 - Bloodscalp EU
July 20, 2005 2:56:39 PM

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Christian Stauffer wrote:

CS> "Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote:
CS>
CS> > I can see your point, just don't forget that any system can be cracked
CS> > out by the right person at the right time.
CS>
CS> Sure. The question is how (fast) Blizzard reacts to keep the damage as
CS> small as possible.

It would be cool if Blizzard could incite some sort of PvP riots outside
of the bugged instances... you could see how well the duping bots (or the
dupers themselves) fare against a howling mob of irate players.

Of course, once they're in the instances, there's not much you can do :D

-Debo
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 3:23:38 PM

On 20 Jul 2005 01:13:31 -0700, "steve.kaye"
<nospam@giddy-kippers.co.uk> wrote:

>Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
>> McDLT wrote:
>> <snip>
>> > I don't really care about inflation. Anything you need or want in this game
>> > can be farmed. Need an Arcanite Reaper? Go farm thorium veins and pay to
>> > have it crafted. There isn't a single epic or blue item I want that is sold
>> > on the AH. All of the best items are either crafted from farmable materials
>> > or are BoP from killing very difficult bosses or from PvPing nonstop. Unless
>> > the farmers can somehow make BoP items BoE, it really doesn't effect me that
>> > much.
>>
>> That would make it easy for Blizzard then. Do a roll back on all gold
>> and non-BoP items. You could even keep your acquired XP I guess..
>
>That wouldn't really work because BoP items can still be sold to
>merchants - ok they go for a lot less than they do to players but if
>you are making them for free then it can still add up to a lot quite
>quickly.

But the duping method involves trading the items to be duped, so BoP
items can't be multiplied with this method.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

On 2005-07-20 11:23:38 +0200, Simon Nejmann <snejmann@worldonline.dk> said:

> On 20 Jul 2005 01:13:31 -0700, "steve.kaye"
> <nospam@giddy-kippers.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
>>> McDLT wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> That would make it easy for Blizzard then. Do a roll back on all gold
>>> and non-BoP items. You could even keep your acquired XP I guess..
>>
>> That wouldn't really work because BoP items can still be sold to
>> merchants - ok they go for a lot less than they do to players but if
>> you are making them for free then it can still add up to a lot quite
>> quickly.
>
> But the duping method involves trading the items to be duped, so BoP
> items can't be multiplied with this method.

Unless... disenchant BoP item, trade component, zone in/out, have
original BoP back.

This is a gamble though, cause if it fails you lose the BoP item.
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 59 - Bloodscalp EU
Gwar - Orcish Warrior lvl 10 - Bloodscalp EU
Chasey - Undead Priest lvl 19 - Bloodscalp EU
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 4:25:05 PM

"Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in message
> "Optional" <john_barry74@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> can some one post text.
>> websense blocks the forums.
>>

> Heres some posts....
<snip>
>> Crazy reports from servers. These include 10 Krol blades in auction house
>> from same seller.

Imageshack seems to have gone over quota so a new link to image for those
that hadn't seen it...
http://www.gamebugs.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4022
.... I'd think this would be an easy case for an account ban.

<snip>
> Of course, none of these solutions will work unless they SIMULTANEOUSLY
> PLUG THE HOLES IN THE GAME WHICH ALLOW THIS EXPLOIT. Having played D2 for
> years, I am not optimistic about Blizzard's ability to act quickly.

Here, here. And with the experience of D2 behind them you'd think it would
be an absolute priority.

<snip>

cheers,
Stu.
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 4:25:16 PM

"feides" <nothing@nothing.com> wrote in message
news:D bj3mi$jas$1@rumours.uwaterloo.ca...
> Here is a recent post outlining the issue. The forums are alive with
> duping talk. A rollback to 1.6 and I will have to consider leaving WoW.
> As a previous devoted player of DII, I am just not willing to go thru that
> BS again. Blizzard dragged there ass on DII and let a great game go to
> pot, they still have a lot to learn.

Ah... "Ruststorm TM"
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 6:03:20 PM

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:55:12 +0200, "Thomas J. Boschloo"
<nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote:

>They could also compensate the players with a free month of
>subscription. (At least to get the game-time back that we lost because
>of a roll back)

They better not roll anything back. I just made a new mule and moved
stuff worth at least 30 gold to it.
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 6:08:55 PM

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:39:16 +0200, "Thomas J. Boschloo"
<nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote:

> Those items
>will drop again and level 60s will be compensated by not having their
>game ruined by high inflation.

I have a lvl 60 Pal and he's bought about all he's going to be able to
buy as far as good equip is concerned. At this point it's all about
getting better equip from drops.
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 6:18:13 PM

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:16:58 GMT, "McDLT" <no@no.no> wrote:

>Honestly you can get along just fine
>with all green items until 60, if you spend 50g on some blue sword it's
>already obsolete in 5 levels anyways.

I agree 100%. Why pay absurd prices for a blue, or better, item when
you're only going to use it for a few levels and then buy a green item
to replace it for 10% of the cost.

Take a look in the AH screen, usually, it's not too many levels ahead
until the green items have better mods than a blue item. There are
some exceptions, but not many.
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 6:23:00 PM

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:56:01 -0700, El Castor
<justuschickens@not-here.com> wrote:

>I had a dozen Stones at any one time, and I never
>found any of them, and don't know anyone who did.

I found one in five years of playing D2. One of the balancing factors
in WoW is that once an item is equiped it is basically out of the
economy. This is not true for D2 so duped items can float around
indefinitely.
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 6:29:19 PM

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:25:16 +0800, "3phAse" <3phAse@elektrickery.com>
wrote:

>> Here is a recent post outlining the issue. The forums are alive with
>> duping talk. A rollback to 1.6 and I will have to consider leaving WoW.
>> As a previous devoted player of DII, I am just not willing to go thru that
>> BS again. Blizzard dragged there ass on DII and let a great game go to
>> pot, they still have a lot to learn.
>
>Ah... "Ruststorm TM"

Ruststorm only removed "bugged" items from the game when Patch 1.10
came out. Hopefully WoW wont be plagued with "bugged" items that have
mods that were never intended to be in the game. Even so, I can't
help but fantasize what it would be like to be able to solo some of
the high level instances wearing "bugged" equipment. Take that you
gang of 60 elites.
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 1:11:35 AM

"Jack Hollis" <xsleeper@aol.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:16:58 GMT, "McDLT" <no@no.no> wrote:
>
>>Honestly you can get along just fine
>>with all green items until 60, if you spend 50g on some blue sword it's
>>already obsolete in 5 levels anyways.
>
> I agree 100%. Why pay absurd prices for a blue, or better, item when
> you're only going to use it for a few levels and then buy a green item
> to replace it for 10% of the cost.
>
> Take a look in the AH screen, usually, it's not too many levels ahead
> until the green items have better mods than a blue item. There are
> some exceptions, but not many.

Blue = Green DPS/Armor 6 levels later, Purple = Green DPS/Armor 12 levels
later.

I usually buy Blue if I have the gold and the cost looks about 6 times the
cost of the green 2 or 3 levels later. (assuming a general smoth curve of
cost increases)

Most of the time this has been doable to level 50 (not over 50 yet). I
usually only use one weapon till it is time to upgrade and I don't care
about weapon type, I will choose among any weapon type I can use.
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 7:36:05 PM

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:45:13 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
<wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote:

>"Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>There have been gold farmers since the beginning of the game. I can't
>remember I've heard of any serious actions taken by Blizzard against
>them.

Apparently they banned around a thousand accounts in March.

TB

July 26, 2005 6:23:40 PM

"El Castor" <justuschickens@not-here.com> wrote in message
> How would you like to
> have a pair of 150% run speed boots

Clearly unbalancing.

>, or maybe a 500 - 1000 dmg dagger?

Clearly a good idea for a level 60 rogue...
Blizzard, get to work on this rogue-only
dagger today...

;-)
!