W2K conflicts with which sound cards??

OK there are conflicts with sound cards and W2K...
I am confused as to which cards are safe... i have a cambridge 5.1 dolby 5 speaker set up... and win2k

Can people please post the cards that i should avoid?

I would love to get the philips cards but i can't find anywhere in canada to by them :(

screw driver + metal watch + capaciter from 27 inch monitor = !!BAD!!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Tulpa on 08/23/01 04:46 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
3 answers Last reply
More about conflicts sound cards
  1. Whatever you do, don't get no crap Sound Blaster (any of their models).

There are some US resellers that ship to Canada, you just need to look a little harder.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!
  2. There are no Win2k drivers available for the Aureal Vortex2 soundchip (AU8830) on ANY card (including Aureal's card, I/O Magik's, MX300, TB Montego II, etc.). The ones on the web are old beta drivers and were never finished. That sux because it's a great sound chip.
    Too many problems with Soundblaster cards, and they don't sound so good anyway. If you want good cheap sound, I recommend an ESS chip soundcard, like the MX400 or even a generic Canyon 3D chip card (~$20). If you want high quality sound I recommend the Phillips Acoustic Edge.

I'm so tired of cookies I'd settle for spam!
  3. Personally, I would avoid the Philips cards.

I got a Philips card because the box claimed Win2k compatability.

The drivers suck - a lot of the features are disabled under Win2k. Although many people in this forum dislike it, my SB Live! Value was a better card than my Philips card uner win2k.

<b>ßunn¥§troker 0wn§ j00!</b>
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Font Components