3200 ringtone problem

Last response: in Brands
August 17, 2004 1:16:52 PM

Hi !
I passed a midi ringtone
using PC suite.

In my telephone the file arrive regularly
but I am not able to open it.

I passed the same ringtone in a 6230
without problems.

Can you help me, please ?
Thanks

More about : 3200 ringtone problem

Anonymous
August 17, 2004 3:14:41 PM

Not all MIDI files will play in 3200, especially those rendered for 6230.
3200 does not have so many individual instruments as 6230 and will simply
not play the file. Download and install Nokia PC Suite 6.2 (if you did not
do it yet) and use Audio Converter there to convert the received MIDI file
for your 3200.

HTH
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 3:14:42 PM

"Romulus Marius Mare" <romulus_DOT_mare_AT_@interscope.ro> wrote in message news:<2odt3iF9me7qU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> Not all MIDI files will play in 3200, especially those rendered for 6230.
> 3200 does not have so many individual instruments as 6230 and will simply
> not play the file.

Check the overall size of the files and the polyphony level as well.
The 3200 can handle ringtones with a polyphony of up to 16, and the
6230 can handle up to 24 simultaneous notes- so it may be that some of
the ones you are trying have the right polyphony for the 6230, but too
high for the 3200.
August 19, 2004 10:21:22 AM

"waiting" <waiting@aol.com> wrote in message news:<2odpnaF9l13jU1@uni-berlin.de>...

> I passed a midi ringtone
> using PC suite.
>
> In my telephone the file arrive regularly
> but I am not able to open it.
>
> I passed the same ringtone in a 6230
> without problems.
>
> Can you help me, please ?

Nokia phones may not support some of MIDI instruments. We can
recommend to search for tones, precompiled for Nokia. You can find
such sites with free tones in 'links' section of our website
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/links/ or in various GSM topsites. For
example, here: http://www.topsitez.org/

If you will have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/
Anonymous
August 19, 2004 10:22:09 AM

"waiting" <waiting@aol.com> wrote in message news:<2odpnaF9l13jU1@uni-berlin.de>...

> I passed a midi ringtone
> using PC suite.
>
> In my telephone the file arrive regularly
> but I am not able to open it.
>
> I passed the same ringtone in a 6230
> without problems.
>
> Can you help me, please ?

Nokia phones may not support some of MIDI instruments. We can
recommend to search for tones, precompiled for Nokia. You can find
such sites with free tones in 'links' section of our website
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/links/ or in various GSM topsites. For
example, here: http://www.topsitez.org/

If you will have any questions and/or suggestions, concerning our
http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/
Anonymous
August 19, 2004 12:06:03 PM

Thanks very much.
But the software of Nokia (Nokia PC suite)
shouldn't correct it ?

!