Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
i7 870 base clocked
2gb g skill ram
asus P7p55d-ELX
550w psu
windows XP
nvidia 560Ti

I put all these components together today into my computer and I dont get a post or beep codes or anything, just a black screen. I can hear the hard drive spinning and all fans are working properly but I just dont get any response from the computer. I tried booting without ram and got beep codes so I know atleast something is functioning in there. Any suggestions on where to start looking for solutions?

aqualipt

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Bro... we need more information in order to help you

*What PSU do you have?

*Were those parts tested before you bought them?

*is the CPU power connector conected properly?

*Is the motherboard power conector conected properly?

*Have you tried reseting your CMOS?

if you haven't, do this:
locate your motherboards CMOS jumper, it should look like this:

49044bd0e547a9737.jpg

The jumper in the picture is touching (what we are going to call) Pin 1 and 2, all you have to do is take the jumper off and wait a few seconds (3 or 4) and put it back but this time make sure it touches Pins 2 and 3, leave it like that for a few seconds (~5 this time) and put it back in it's original position (Touching pins 1 and 2). If your problem was caused by a BIOS problem now it should be solved.

Read this: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems

haekuh

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
* Antec basiq power 550w

* Yes the parts were tested in another rig this morning.

* Yes

* Yes

* Yes

It is still not booting properly. Everything powers up but there is no video output or any sound confirmation.

aqualipt

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

Assusming every part (i literally men every individual part of your PC) was tested and worked fine i'd say that the problem is either your GPU, HDD (i have my doubts) or CPU

*Make sure the GPU is fully inserted into the PCI-e slot, sometimes it requieres a bit more preasure than you think.

*Extrac (carefully) your CPU from the motherboard and make sure that none of the pins are bent or missing.

*with what PSU was the GPU tested?

*If the problem persists then you're gonna have to reset the BIOS the old school way, extract the battery of your motherboard (and disconect the PSU from the wall) and wait 20-30 minutes and put it back, if i am right your problem should be solved.

*IMPORTANT: make sure that stands off are properly installed in your case, if they are not your motherboard will short and will not boot and it will probably fry.

haekuh

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
I have a feeling there was a problem with either the GPU seating in the PCI e slot or a power plug somewhere was not in all the way. The new case is very cramped and lighting was at a minimum. Will post results at attempt #2 tomorrow

aqualipt

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

Ok...just so you know, work only in higly iluminated ambients and wear magnifing glasses if you need to