How to replace msi gx60 cpu

sammybeau

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
So I bought the new msi gx60 thinking that it would be a great gaming laptop. Sadly, I didn't realize that the cpu was not as good as the rest of the system. I was wondering if I could replace the cpu with a better i7 processor (I heard that the gx60 can be upgraded). Will an Intel cpu work? Where can I buy one? How does one install a new cpu on a laptop? Any answers would be very much appreciated. :)

Leviss

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014
For anyone researching this laptop, the CPU is great for gaming, I just got a GX60and it maxesmy entire Steam library. Take note that most people complaining about this processor aren't even computer savvy enough to realise AMD and Intel use different sockets.

NunOnABike

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014

I am thinking of buying this Laptop but people are saying to not even touch the APU as it bottlenecks the GPU (R9 M290X). What games on ultra settings have you played and are you satisfied?

pop4up

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

Hey i have bought this laptop and didn't know about the switchable graphics settings after installing the drivers and finding this out i changed the setting so when playing games like watchdogs and gta iv it uses the r9 m290x not the APU which means i can play games like watchdogs on ultra

TRENDING THREADS