Raenef

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
I started putting together a new computer earlier today and when I turn on the power the fans will spin but the computer will not post. I do not have a speaker so I am not sure what kinds of errors I am getting on that end.

Specs:
CPU: AMD FX 8120
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7770
PSU: Thermaltake 600W
RAM: Corsair Vengance (2x4GB) 1600
MOBO: Gigabyte 990xa ud3

I have tested the GPU on my old computer and it works fine; the other parts I am unable to test due to my old computer being too old to support them. My old PSU also does not have the required connections to test on my new build. I read in some other threads that it could be a bios issue not supporting my current CPU and buying a cheaper CPU to put in to flash to a current bios might help. Any help on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Raenef

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
I followed the steps on what to do if computer won't post and made it all the way through and still nothing. I do not see anything that would be causing it from not posting. At present I am running on a breadboard setup. I found a speaker from my old system and plugged it in; does not make any noise when turning on. Only thing is that I am not sure what bios version I have and the mobo site says that my CPU won't work before certain versions.

womble

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
That board has supported the 8150 since F4 but that was only around November so I guess with shipping/storage it could be that old.

You might be a able to score a dirt cheap Sempron or such like on Ebay to see if it a BIOS issue, might be able to get one for not much more than postage (if I had one I'd post it!).

TRENDING THREADS