Sign in with
Your question

My Rig Appraisal + Trading it for a good laptop...

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Laptops
Last response: in CPUs
December 24, 2012 8:58:31 PM

Okay, so first off, hi, I don't really use this forum a whole lot, but when I do, I am happy with the help ^__^

My name is Kevin, I am a House/Trance/DnB Electronic producer, and I make ze muzik... My current rig is good, it gets the job done, but I want to sell it, and get a nice laptop, and a pair of monitors (speakers)... I am going to keep my 24"LCD, and mechanical keyboard, cause when I am in the studio (at home), I want to sit and feel like I am using a rig, but when I am at ze clubz, a laptop will be easier for me to manage, than bringing my 60lb full tower of chaoooos! :3

Okay so first off here are my rig specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 C2 3.2GHz
Motherboard: Biostar 890FX Motherboard
HDD's: 320GB WD, and a 1TB Hitachi Deskstar
PSU: Corsair 850W
GPU: XFX AMD 6850
RAM: 8GB of Samsung 30nm
Case: Thermaltake LCS (Custom painted matte black with white on the tool less bay buttons.)
CPU Cooler: 120mm Xigmatek Rifle

How much do you think I can get for this on Craigslist?

My estimate was $700-$900

Anyways,

now to finding a laptop....

For the amount of money I accumulate from this rig, I want to at least find a similar laptop, even if it's a little on the lower end for graphics... I want at least 4GB's of ram, and a Quad core, or even a nice Dual core, if I can find a cheap system....

Thanks guys, hope someone can help! :3

- SMOR3S

More about : rig appraisal trading good laptop

a b à CPUs
a c 249 D Laptop
December 24, 2012 9:13:30 PM

Hi :) 

As a guess maybe $100 to $150 ..if you are lucky... NO WAY in the world would you get $850 for a second hand machine...you could buy a better, faster brand new machine for that much...WITH a guarantee...and a screen...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
December 24, 2012 9:18:15 PM

Brett928S2 said:

As a guess maybe $100 to $150 ..if you are lucky... NO WAY in the world would you get $850 for a second hand machine...you could buy a better, faster brand new machine for that much...WITH a guarantee...and a screen...

What if I traded it for a mid range laptop? like a $600-$700 laptop?
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a c 249 D Laptop
December 24, 2012 9:25:42 PM

SMOR3S said:
What if I traded it for a mid range laptop? like a $600-$700 laptop?

Laptop companies wont take trade in, I am afraid...

m
l
December 24, 2012 9:31:10 PM

Brett928S2 said:

Laptop companies wont take trade in, I am afraid...

No, trade for one on Craigslist LOL!
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 249 D Laptop
December 24, 2012 9:33:14 PM

SMOR3S said:
No, trade for one on Craigslist LOL!

Well you can try ...

m
l
December 25, 2012 1:08:56 AM

sry mate.. bad luck Those website will bot pay much for them.. as Brett928S2 says at max you will fetch around £200 if you are really lucky

If you can find someone who is in need of a gaming rig and give it to them you can get the best money out of it that way...

You should be able to trade it in for a laptop.. not-sure if you really want to do that though as it will just be for a normal second-hand laptop which cost them around 600-700 few years back at max...
m
l
January 5, 2013 10:24:12 PM

Brett928S2 said:

Your appraisal is WAY off and completely misleading. $100 - $150 are you high? Honestly. He could sell the XFX 6850 ALONE for $100.

m
l
January 5, 2013 10:32:41 PM

$400 is the HIGHEST you could ever expect in all honesty. Its old hardware by todays constantly changing terms.
m
l
January 5, 2013 10:54:42 PM

razr125 said:
$400 is the HIGHEST you could ever expect in all honesty. Its old hardware by todays constantly changing terms.

Honestly i would say $400 would be the LOWEST he should sell it for. I've sold a lot of things online and on craigslist ect and i could very easily sell this rig for $400. I guess it depends where you live because in some places people constantly buy new PC parts and are wasteful/stupid with their money so the old parts have essentially no value but where i live (Canada) used parts are of course cheaper than what they cost new but not 1/10th of the price.
m
l
!