Sign in with
Your question

How to activate pci express x16 slot in bios

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 19, 2012 3:24:31 AM

I have a new graphics card coming in tomorrow to replace my terrible intel hd integrated graphics. I have looked up how to activate the currently unused pci-e x16 slot so it notices the gpu but they all say to go to the hardware section of bios, which i do not have. Im putting a video up on youtube to show you guys my bios screens, link is here ------> http://youtu.be/rFUGXpe5rCg
It will be up about 15 minutes after this is posted. Please help!
a c 259 U Graphics card
June 19, 2012 3:33:42 AM

If your board is modern, the BIOS will auto detect the presence of a card in the PCIe slot and switch to it. Waiting for your video...
m
l
June 19, 2012 3:37:33 AM

Yeah it is the board that dell uses for stock computers. Bought it about a month ago, very satisfied with everything except the video card, which i knew i was going to replace anyway.
m
l
Related resources
June 19, 2012 3:42:53 AM

i doubt that there were any mobo's equipped with a PCIe slot that would require you to go in and "turn on" the PCIe slot. the mobo would primarily use the GPU that is plugged into the PCIe slot
m
l
a c 259 U Graphics card
June 19, 2012 3:46:38 AM

captaincharisma said:
i doubt that there were any mobo's equipped with a PCIe slot that would require you to go in and "turn on" the PCIe slot. the mobo would primarily use the GPU that is plugged into the PCIe slot

My daughter has a Dell 530s from the C2Q Q6600 era that requires manual switching in BIOS to PCI, PCIe, or integrated. Took us a bit to figure out that was the issue when she added a discrete card.
m
l
!