Sign in with
Your question

New build ?

Last response: in CPUs
December 25, 2012 2:09:41 AM

hey guys thanks in advance ,

i just put a nice new build togather - intel i7 3930 3.2ghz proccessor , x79pro motherboard, 1- 256gb vertex4 ssd , 16gb ripsaw 2133 memory , 1tb extra hard drive , lg blueray dvd drive , w600 ati firepro graphic card , 6 - vw24gh moniters , windows 7 ultimate 64bit

i use this for stock market trading .

now the build went great , but problem im seeing is the that it starts up real fast but some of the speed dosent seem that much faster then my other i7 920 2.6ghz with 9gb ddrs ram , no ssd .

is there a way to raid zero 2 ssd cards ? and is there anything else i can add to make this thing run like a beast ?

thanks guys

More about : build

a b à CPUs
December 25, 2012 2:38:18 AM

Yes you can RAID SSD's, it's done in the same manner a standard HDD would be RAIDed.

The speed of your system is dependent on what's being done, there certainly might be instances where you have software that doesn't take advantage of the extra cores of the 3930K or the extra memory, you only see speed differences if what is being done can actually use the extra resources, if it can't then you see little to no difference.
m
l
December 25, 2012 3:15:17 PM

ok would that help my speed to raid ssd ; s i do have 2 - 256 cards ?

so if my program cant use my speed there is nothing i can do is what ur saying ?

where can i learn how to raid the cards ?

thanks guys merry chritsmas
m
l
December 25, 2012 3:58:53 PM

benrock said:
ok would that help my speed to raid ssd ; s i do have 2 - 256 cards ?

so if my program cant use my speed there is nothing i can do is what ur saying ?

where can i learn how to raid the cards ?

thanks guys merry chritsmas

You can learn how to raid them on this website itself, just go to the storage part of this forum and look at threads that are similar to your concern or looks for a thread that has a tutorial on how to raid your drives. Another way is, if you like visual and audio learning, just go to YouTube :)  hope this helped! Merry christmas everyone?
m
l
!