Dvd drive: 1xdvd drive
gpu : gt 240 planning to buy mid range gpu in future
Psu :dell 305 w

i want to buy new psu from following two:
1 corsair cx 430 v2 430w 80% efficiency
+12v =28a

2. Seasonic ss400bt 400w 85% efficiency
+12v = 30a

Please suggest me which one is better for my system if i plan to buy mid range nvidia gpu in the future

I mean total power consumed by system + midrange nvidia gpu

?

InvalidError

Titan

Modern high-end single-GPU cards max out around 180W. Mid-range GPUs are closer to 120W.
The rest of your PC uses less than 120W.

Your peak system power would end up somewhere in the 240-300W range.

So the 400W Seasonic PSU should be perfectly fine. The higher efficiency usually also implies better build quality. There doesn't appear to be any reviews (at least from the usual suspects) of that specific model though.

ocmusicjunkie

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Where exactly are you located? It seems a though that Seasonic is a non-US market model. I could be wrong, but I know my Seasonic PSU's fairly well, and I haven't ever seen that one anywhere before. I googled it, and even the photos are leaving me to draw a blank.

That said, you have more than enough power for a true "mid-range" GPU in either model listed. You don't want to try running an overclocked HD 7870 with that sort of power, mostly speaking out of caution alone, but a 6670 or 7770 would be no sweat.

Here is the golden rule for me in regards to power supplies: if you are comparing multiple models and one happens to be a Seasonic, stop wasting time thinking about it and buy the SS model already. Their range of quality goes from "excellent" on the lower-end to "remarkable" with their flagship models. And, unlike most other PSU brands, they build their own products, so you genuinely can count on their brand name to mean that you are getting something that lives up to the level of quality their name implies. Corsair has had two different suppliers for that same PSU since introducing it, so I can't even say for certain which company would be standing behind that option.

Only one , CWT , they are on the third revision though

InvalidError

Titan

Even an overclocked i7-3960X with an overclocked HD7970 only use ~350W peak measured at the wall, which means ~320W actually being delivered by the PSU. Your PC should not come anywhere near that (likely under 200W peak) so any good quality 400-450W PSU like either of those mentioned should be perfectly fine for just about any single-GPU system most people are likely to put together.

TRENDING THREADS