Choosing a best mid range graphics card

Aki_game

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
Hey everyone.....

I have a Gigabyte ga-31m-es2l motherboard
2.8 GHz core 2 duo processor
4 GB ddr2 RAM

M planning to buy a new graphics card(mid range) for my pc to play games like COD-MW3, Battlefield 3, Crysis 2.....etc.
And Please suggest a PSU for the card...

Please suggest me a good budget graphics card.....
Thanks for the help in advance.....!!!!

7750 is entry level of amd's new lineup. imo you'll need a stronger gfx card to game at 1080p resolution. it's cheaper, weaker too.
your motherboard will Gddr5 (not ddr5, gddr5 is different and for gfx card only) cards without any issue. video card's ram has nothing to do with pc's ram.

Aki_game

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
Can u plzz tell me whether Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 is compatible with gigabyte ga-31m-s2l...????

i thinking abt 7750 or 7770.......

n Wats the diff between ddr5 and Gddr5....and will Gddr5 will run smoothly with my mtherboard...???

gts 250 is old and outdated. if you're looking for entry level cards, 7750 or 6770 should be the way to go. 6770 is okay for medium settings.
if you're looking for a bit stronger gfx card, check out radeon hd 6850, it used to be the most powerful card that requires only one pcie power connector. but the xfx card i linked costs as much as the his 6850 after rebates, making the xfx 6870 of the better value.

okay. 7770 is better than 7750. 7750 (800 mhz clock) is currently the strongest gfx card that does not require an extra pcie power connector.
there is no ddr5, only gddr5. gddr5 is video card's ram, it's got nothing to do with motherboard or anything else.
yes, it will run fine. 7750 should be compatible with your motherboard. pcie standards are backward and forward compatible.

yes, a good quality 450w will do just fine.
currently 7750 (800 mhz) is the most powerful gfx card that does not require a pcie power connector (there is a 900 mhz version that requires an extra pcie power connector). it will run okay on a psu like corsair cx 430 v2. same with cx 500 v2. i'm not saying you need a 450w psu, the 800 mhz version is quite power efficient. dunno about 900 mhz version.

randomkid

Distinguished
The 900 mhz version is just 8W more than the 800Mhz version. But the major difference lie on the fact that AMD put a 6PIN PCIe connector on it. Quite a waste actually when you can easily OC the 7750 to 900Mhz.

Well, AMD is probably just playing safe.

typical generic psus lack what makes good psus well.. good.
they usually lack -
better components,
higher efficiency (>80%). generic psus usually have 60-72% efficiency and it is highly variable.
build quality,
active power factor correction,
different kinds of protective measures such as overvoltage protection, overcurrent protection, under voltage/current protection etc.
low end generic psus can cause system instability, poor performance in games, crashing, in worst cases, component damage. generic psu components usually age faster than good quality psus. iirc corsair's builder series psus are built by seasonic, they're known and proven to put good components in their psus and they perform well.