System Sounds

curt

Sounds selected for various system events do not play when those events
occur. However, when I'm in Sound and Audio Devices and I click the sound
selected for an event, the sound does play. Music cd's and music files on
the system play normally. Device Manager shows no problems. Any and all
ideas/suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks,

Curt'
'The way is open to those who would see'

Where did my sound go
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm
Scroll down to System Sounds are missing

Restore System Default Sounds (Line 6)

This edit corrects many Sound issues:
Fix the Ding.wav File (Line 6)