Sign in with
Your question

Graphics card 550ti+ PSU! HELP!?!?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 19, 2012 12:20:37 PM

Can a low-end cheap power supply REALLY have a dedicated 6 pin pci-e power connector? because i just got one 600w psu that has one...is that possible? what would then be its purpose because it would unlikely be used for any reason whatsoever?i've checked other 600w PSU's and they don't have one! even 500w coolermasters and aerocools don't have one! also it has 10 amps on the 12v rail... And can it power good graphics cards like the 550ti at PEAK usage? I'M CONFUSED!
a b U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
June 19, 2012 12:36:09 PM

What brand is the PSU? By the way most 600W cards have two PCI-E connectors both 6+2 pin. I don't know what your talking about the Coolermasters and Aerocools (both of these aren't even good PSU though) not having them because they do have these connectors. Lastly 600W can easily power a 550Ti. A 430W Coolermaster PSU can power that card.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
June 19, 2012 12:43:50 PM

A manufacturer can put whatever connections on its PSUs that it thinks will help "sell" the PSU. anything to increase the possible market. Doesn't mean that the Cheap-low-end PSU is any better for having the connections, just that they can say that it has the connections, and hope that someone (uninformed) will buy it. :non: 
m
l
!