Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

I5 3570K

Last response: in CPUs
Share
December 25, 2012 7:30:03 AM

I am building a new pc and just wanted to know if I get the I5 3570K with the gtx 660 non ti 2gb will there be a bottleneck?

More about : 3570k

a c 185 à CPUs
December 25, 2012 7:41:37 AM

No.
Score
0
December 25, 2012 8:15:00 AM

LOL that CPU can handle high end crossfire/SLI setups. If anything, your GTX 660 will be bottleneck not your CPU
Score
0
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 25, 2012 9:11:22 AM

It's actually one of the best gaming CPUs on earth. It even competes with i7-3970x and gets better scores than it in 3Dmark11. So it will pretty much bottleneck anything.
Score
0
December 25, 2012 9:28:35 AM

wow ok this is a dam good processor so should I buy the gtx 660 with it or should I look to buy a higher gpu?
Score
0
a b à CPUs
December 25, 2012 9:31:39 AM

mattv1993 said:
wow ok this is a dam good processor so should I buy the gtx 660 with it or should I look to buy a higher gpu?


GTX 660 will play the latest games at high/ultra settings at 1080p. It has some great value, so it would be a great choice I'd say. Radeon 7870 and Radeon 7850 are also some strong contenders, though I've never been so much into AMD.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Club_3D/HD_7870_joke...

Here you can see the value of the latest GPUs. :) 
Score
0
December 25, 2012 4:07:05 PM

mattv1993 said:
wow ok this is a dam good processor so should I buy the gtx 660 with it or should I look to buy a higher gpu?


I have this processor with a Hd 7770, no bottleneck, but a better GPU would be better. If you want to stay in the same price range, get the Radeon HD 7870, it creates less heat than the 660 and has more video ram. When overclocked, the 7870 is much faster. But then again, it depends on what games you are planning to play. BF3 is better with the 660 OC version. Overall 7870 I'd better though.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
December 25, 2012 4:35:02 PM

Unknowngama said:
I have this processor with a Hd 7770, no bottleneck, but a better GPU would be better. If you want to stay in the same price range, get the Radeon HD 7870, it creates less heat than the 660 and has more video ram. When overclocked, the 7870 is much faster. But then again, it depends on what games you are planning to play. BF3 is better with the 660 OC version. Overall 7870 I'd better though.


Radeon 7870 doesn't have more vram. 2 GB vs 2 GB.

I5-3570k is bottlenecked by your GPU.

Radeon 7870 isn't cooler, it depends on which manufactor that has made the cooling.
Score
0
December 25, 2012 4:54:34 PM

Sorry, that was a learn to read mistake, I missed the non before TI...thought you said a 660 ti. Not that ther aren't some cheaper TIs out there, I was just impressed when browsing and saw 670's at some of the upper end 660 ti prices.
Score
0

Best solution

a b à CPUs
December 25, 2012 5:15:43 PM

Go for a 660ti or a 7870 GHz Edition. Two really great GPUs with two really nice price tags. Even if you stick with the 660, it's not too bad - still a really good, powerful video card (dependent on what manufacturer made the card).
Share
a b à CPUs
December 25, 2012 6:17:32 PM

payturr said:
Go for a 660ti or a 7870 GHz Edition. Two really great GPUs with two really nice price tags. Even if you stick with the 660, it's not too bad - still a really good, powerful video card (dependent on what manufacturer made the card).


Not too bad? Tell me, what games can't the GTX 660 max out as the two other GPUs can at 1080p?



Score
0
a b à CPUs
December 25, 2012 6:45:55 PM

lostgamer_03 said:
Not too bad? Tell me, what games can't the GTX 660 max out as the two other GPUs can at 1080p?

Every Source game ever made - chill out, no need to get so aggressive, I'm just telling him his options.
Score
0
a c 185 à CPUs
December 25, 2012 7:19:45 PM

lostgamer_03 said:
Not too bad? Tell me, what games can't the GTX 660 max out as the two other GPUs can at 1080p?

I could name a few! :ange: 
Score
0
a b à CPUs
December 25, 2012 8:06:58 PM

amuffin said:
I could name a few! :ange: 


bring em
Score
0
December 26, 2012 1:04:02 PM

how weird, i am looking at the exact same processor, but the superclocked 660 from evga. definitely getting those after reading this thread.
Score
0
December 28, 2012 2:09:35 PM

lostgamer_03 said:
Radeon 7870 doesn't have more vram. 2 GB vs 2 GB.

I5-3570k is bottlenecked by your GPU.

Radeon 7870 isn't cooler, it depends on which manufactor that has made the cooling.


Ok, the 7770 can bottleneck the 3570k, but that is only when I am trying to play intense games on ultra/high settings. Any other game would run perfectly on medium or something like that. And yes, you are are right, the 7870 and 660 both have the same video ram, I was mistaken on that. If you want any graphics card, you have to get it from trusted manufacturer. For example: Saphire, MSI, EVGA, etc. Since they all are the most trusted and popular, they have to make quality products. Therefore, anything they sell is always top of the line. It is proven that the 7870 creates less heat. Too many tests to post, but if you do some more research, it'll prove to be right.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
December 28, 2012 3:50:46 PM

Unknowngama said:
Ok, the 7770 can bottleneck the 3570k, but that is only when I am trying to play intense games on ultra/high settings. Any other game would run perfectly on medium or something like that. And yes, you are are right, the 7870 and 660 both have the same video ram, I was mistaken on that. If you want any graphics card, you have to get it from trusted manufacturer. For example: Saphire, MSI, EVGA, etc. Since they all are the most trusted and popular, they have to make quality products. Therefore, anything they sell is always top of the line. It is proven that the 7870 creates less heat. Too many tests to post, but if you do some more research, it'll prove to be right.


Now I will give it to you straight out, because I don't think you understand.

The heat of the chip is depending on which cooler that it features. The reference cooler of the GTX 660 isn't the same as Radeon 7870. BUT I found a review of the two GPUs with the same cooling on and GTX 660 produces less heat with the Twin Frozr 3 than the Radeon 7870 with the Twin Frozr 3.

On load the difference is 13 celsius.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_radeon_hd_7870...

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_66...

Your GPU is bottlenecking your CPU. If a i5-3570k can max out ANY game with the right GPU, then why can't yours? Because your GPU is weaker, which Means your CPU isn't working at full load, because your GPU won't let it.
Score
0
December 29, 2012 2:27:30 PM

lostgamer_03 said:
Now I will give it to you straight out, because I don't think you understand.

The heat of the chip is depending on which cooler that it features. The reference cooler of the GTX 660 isn't the same as Radeon 7870. BUT I found a review of the two GPUs with the same cooling on and GTX 660 produces less heat with the Twin Frozr 3 than the Radeon 7870 with the Twin Frozr 3.

On load the difference is 13 celsius.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_radeon_hd_7870...

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_66...

Your GPU is bottlenecking your CPU. If a i5-3570k can max out ANY game with the right GPU, then why can't yours? Because your GPU is weaker, which Means your CPU isn't working at full load, because your GPU won't let it.


Is that not what I said? I quote "Ok, the 7770 can bottleneck the 3570k, but that is only when I am trying to play intense games on ultra/high settings." Your agruement has no basis.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
December 29, 2012 2:46:38 PM

Unknowngama said:
Is that not what I said? I quote "Ok, the 7770 can bottleneck the 3570k, but that is only when I am trying to play intense games on ultra/high settings." Your agruement has no basis.


If your CPU can achieve 200 FPS in battlefield 3 at ultra Graphics and your GPU only can achieve 30 FPS, then wouldn't you call that a bottleneck?
Score
0
December 30, 2012 12:01:11 AM

lostgamer_03 said:
If your CPU can achieve 200 FPS in battlefield 3 at ultra Graphics and your GPU only can achieve 30 FPS, then wouldn't you call that a bottleneck?


That is what I have been saying.. My gpu can bottleneck, but only in certain games. How many times do I have to repeat myself? You have been argueing with yourself. But anyways, discussion closed. This had absolutely nothing to do with the question that was asked.
Score
0
January 1, 2013 7:14:32 AM

I am very cautious with radeon cards simply because I have heard they have alot of issues with compatibility and driver issues is this true? and from what I have read the gtx 660 is still a good card but if possible the gtx 670 will be preferable to avoid bottle-necking.
Score
0
January 4, 2013 7:53:34 AM

Best answer selected by mattv1993.
Score
0
!