Sign in with
Your question

Build problems

Last response: in Windows 7
January 20, 2010 1:06:06 AM

I just built a new system with Windows 7. The problem I am having is with the sound card. I bought the
PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series. I installed the card and did a fresh install of Windows 7 but when I tried to install the drivers from the CD the install program claims it cant find the hardware installed. I know the card is installed correctly and is not broken because Windows 7 installed it with its own generic drivers. I downloaded the newest drivers from Creatives site but they also claim it cant find the installed hardware. Has anybody been able to install Creatives drivers and apps?
I feel using the card with windows drivers is worthless since I need proper 5.1 and 7.1 audio from the card. I have the older PCI Xtreamergamer Fatal1ty pro and it and all its drivers installed flawless. Whats going on? Is there a fix? Are there older versions of the X-FI Titanium that's not compatible with Windows 7 ?

More about : build problems

January 20, 2010 6:48:51 AM

Ingeld said:
I just built a new system with Windows 7. The problem I am having is with the sound card. I bought the
PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series. I installed the card and did a fresh install of Windows 7 but when I tried to install the drivers from the CD the install program claims it cant find the hardware installed. I know the card is installed correctly and is not broken because Windows 7 installed it with its own generic drivers. I downloaded the newest drivers from Creatives site but they also claim it cant find the installed hardware. Has anybody been able to install Creatives drivers and apps?
I feel using the card with windows drivers is worthless since I need proper 5.1 and 7.1 audio from the card. I have the older PCI Xtreamergamer Fatal1ty pro and it and all its drivers installed flawless. Whats going on? Is there a fix? Are there older versions of the X-FI Titanium that's not compatible with Windows 7 ?

Have you tried this yet?

http://support.creative.com/downloads/welcome.aspx?nDri...
Release date : 12 Jan 10
Spoiler
File Name : PID_W7PCAPP_US_2_11_01.exe
This update resolves the hardware/device detection issue for Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ and X-Fi Titanium series of audio devices in Microsoft® Windows® 7. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

This download supports the following audio devices only:

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty® Champion Series
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Professional Audio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series
Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Sound Blaster X-Fi
Fixes:

Resolves the hardware/device detection issue in Creative Software AutoUpdate running on Windows 7.
Requirements:

Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit
Sound Blaster X-Fi and X-Fi Titanium series of audio devices listed above
Notes:

To install this driver
Download the file onto your local hard disk.
Double-click the downloaded file.
Follow the instructions on the screen.
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
January 20, 2010 7:08:58 AM

Vista needed the alchemy driver. Perhaps W7 does too ? You can also try uninstalling it from the device manager. Reboot and see if it finds drivers. Also try W-update.
January 20, 2010 6:29:34 PM

Ingeld said:
PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series. I installed the card and did a fresh install of Windows 7 but when I tried to install the drivers from the CD the install program claims it cant find the hardware installed. I know the card is installed correctly and is not broken because Windows 7 installed it with its own generic drivers.

I have experienced this problem as well when I changed to Windows 7 on my gamer PC, solution was to reseat the card and Windows would pick it up, hopefully that will work for you as well.
!