Tags:
  • Routers
  • D-Link
  • Modem
  • Internet
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
August 11, 2011 6:02:53 PM

I have a d-link 2310 that I have been using with my westell 6100 for the past 2 yrs. 2 days ago I lost internet connection on all my machines. I unhooked the router and restarted the modem but, when I plugged the router back in only the power light came on. After trying to fix the problem for many hours I just hooked the modem directly to the computer and I got the internet working again. How do I know if my router is bad and if it's not how do I fix the problem? I get no internet when the modem is hooked to the router and having 4 machines with only one having internet is getting kinda annoying. Could someone please help me?

More about : link ebr 2310 problem

August 11, 2011 7:07:41 PM

minigamer said:
I have a d-link 2310 that I have been using with my westell 6100 for the past 2 yrs. 2 days ago I lost internet connection on all my machines. I unhooked the router and restarted the modem but, when I plugged the router back in only the power light came on. After trying to fix the problem for many hours I just hooked the modem directly to the computer and I got the internet working again. How do I know if my router is bad and if it's not how do I fix the problem? I get no internet when the modem is hooked to the router and having 4 machines with only one having internet is getting kinda annoying. Could someone please help me?

I had a similar problem, and my suggestion is to get a new and better router. It seem that in my case AT&T screwed me over, for I had this same router D-link WBR-2310 with one antenna for more than 3 years. I even had to contact AT&T to fix my modem, for there was not internet coming out of the Motorola modem. After trying a few thing, I kind of figured out that my router was dead. Reluctantly I went ahead and bought another d-link router, model DIR-615, and I am happy with it even though I was thinking to buy a Netgear router instead. This DIR-615 goes for about $50 USD.

One thing which I made me understand that my D-link WBR-2310 was not working at all was that I was not able to get or see the router interface browser page or something similar to this WBR-2310 Login Simulator. Besides, I tried to reset it to its factory settings, and if you do that after 15 seconds or so, the lights in the router usually turn off (a short blink of the lights), and this was not happening. Anyhow, since this particular router never was any good (I had to reboot it at least once a day so that other people at home will have wireless connection), I decided to buy a new one. However, if this DIR-615 fails me again (so far it has been very good for more than 2 weeks without any reboots needed), I will go and buy a NETGEAR N600 Wireless Dual Band Router WNDR3400. I hope something I say will help you.
m
l
August 11, 2011 8:27:20 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. I think i'll go get another router. I did try resetting it and none of the lights came on so i think it's dead.
m
l
August 11, 2011 11:33:15 PM

minigamer said:
Thanks for the quick reply. I think i'll go get another router. I did try resetting it and none of the lights came on so i think it's dead.
Then, I think so too. Were you able to see the web page router interface? However, if you don't have any lights, it is probably a dead router. As I said, if at all possible, buy a D-link DIR-615 for about $50 USD. With this router, after you set it up, you can save all your setting to a file for safe-keeping. Thus, if you ever need to reset your router back to factory settings, you can use the backup file with your original settings to keep you running quickly. Best of luck!

m
l