Asus Corsair Formula V cpu fan problem

G

Hello, my name is Brian Grinwis
i have just bought a Asus Corsair formula v and i build it into mine computer and conected evrything.
when i boot my system i see mine cpu fan gets a little spin and then stops and then mine motherboard says cpu fan error and i turn off mine computer because i think its overheating,
mine cpu fan is a Be Queit dark rock pro 2
please can some1 gife me a tip to solve this!

Maxx_Power

Distinguished
Hello, my name is Brian Grinwis
i have just bought a Asus Corsair formula v and i build it into mine computer and conected evrything.
when i boot my system i see mine cpu fan gets a little spin and then stops and then mine motherboard says cpu fan error and i turn off mine computer because i think its overheating,
mine cpu fan is a Be Queit dark rock pro 2
please can some1 gife me a tip to solve this!

check in BIOS for Q-fan settings. See your mobo manual on how to set this. Set the start temperature for cpu fan lower. You can let it proceed with booting.

you can also disable q-fan for now, so the cpu fan always runs at max speed.

Also, I am certain that your mobo is not "Asus Corsair", but Asus Crosshair.

G

i know mine English is not the best but 1 question
i am scared to turn on mine computer because the cpu cooler fan does NOT spin when boot, it only get a tick when i turn it on and the fan doesnt spin so can i proseed to go to the bios or will it overheat my cpu?
i got an amd phenom x6 1100t 3.3 so i dont want to destroy it

Maxx_Power

Distinguished
i know mine English is not the best but 1 question
i am scared to turn on mine computer because the cpu cooler fan does NOT spin when boot, it only get a tick when i turn it on and the fan doesnt spin so can i proseed to go to the bios or will it overheat my cpu?
i got an amd phenom x6 1100t 3.3 so i dont want to destroy it

You will be fine. On MOST ASUS boards, Q-Fan prevents the CPU fan from spinning when the temperature is less than (T<Tmin) the minimum temperature. When the CPU is not doing work (idling), it doesn't get very warm anyway, and when you first start the computer, the CPU + Heatsink are at room temperature. It takes a while to actually warm up the CPU so the Q-Fan turns on the CPU FAN.

When you first start the computer, the CPU and heatsink are both cold, so the Q-Fan logic determines that it is not necessary to run the fan.

Try this:

1) Start the computer
2) Go into the BIOS
3) Go to the power page (check the bios section in the user's manual)
4) Check the CPU temperatures and FAN speed.
5) Watch this CPU temperature climb (it should go from room temperature to idle temperature) and see what happens to the FAN speed, it should go from 0 RPM to some minimum value the Q-Fan set it for.

G

iff done it and i saw the Q-fan was disabbeld and i enabled it and it begin to spin Huray!!!!!!!!!!!!
thx!

Maxx_Power

Distinguished
iff done it and i saw the Q-fan was disabbeld and i enabled it and it begin to spin Huray!!!!!!!!!!!!
thx!

No problem. Get to windows and try using Prime 95 (free downloads) with a blend torture test to make sure your system is stable, and you can use Asus Probe (or HWmonitor, etc) to keep an eye on your CPU temperature as you stress test. This will give you an idea how good your cooling system is overall.