Can my desktop fit with Sapphire HD6950

I'm planning to upgrade my graphic card and Sapphire Hd6950 my ideal choice. can it fit to my Pc?

ET1862
Intel Core i3 550 @3.20Ghz
2GB RAM
9 answers Last reply
More about desktop sapphire hd6950
  1. Hi :)

Probably but why would you buy an OLD card like that ?

All the best Brett :)
  2. It's better than the original Intel HD Graphics. my other choice was Twin Frozr 7870 but requires 3.0 PCI whilst mine is 2.0.any recommendations for a budget but good one?
  3. DEZPERADO2010 said:
    It's better than the original Intel HD Graphics. my other choice was Twin Frozr 7870 but requires 3.0 PCI whilst mine is 2.0.any recommendations for a budget but good one?

Hi :)

ANY 3.0 card WILL work in 2.0 ... get the 7870...miles better...

4. You're silly to settle down for an older card xD it's okay but not as good as the 7870! Jump for it :D
  5. Really? Thanks Brett :)
  6. Didn't Know that. i'll settle with 7870 :) thanks for the heads up
  7. DEZPERADO2010 said:
    Really? Thanks Brett :)

Yes, even my card would work in 2.0 (they are ALL backwardly compatible ) and mine is a 7990 6gb ... the best there is.... and the most expensive lol

8. Now you're just showing off :) i'm kidding. sorry m a noob to be honest, another thing i want to ask, my pc is micro-atx chasiss, would it fit if i install an ATX PSU? or do i have to find micro ATX PSU as well?
  9. DEZPERADO2010 said:
    Now you're just showing off :) i'm kidding. sorry m a noob to be honest, another thing i want to ask, my pc is micro-atx chasiss, would it fit if i install an ATX PSU? or do i have to find micro ATX PSU as well?

You may have several problems with size there...

The graphics card and the psu may be too big... time to get out a tape measure and measure very carefully...

Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Desktops Graphics Cards Sapphire Components