Sign in with
Your question

New build not turning on

Last response: in Components
December 25, 2012 1:05:29 PM

Plugged everything in go to start it up and nothing. The power led comes on but nothing else. I tried to configure the jumpers differently but nothing. It's not the psu, i'm using it now in my old comp. The only thing that's new mobo and case.

Cooler Master HAF 912
ASRock 970DE3/U3S3
ePower 500w psu
Amd Phenom II x4 965
Radeon HD 7850

More about : build turning

December 25, 2012 2:06:08 PM

yep, tried that already. Nothing.
m
l
Related resources
December 25, 2012 2:06:15 PM

Did you properly connect the front panel power button connectors to your motherboard? Try disconnecting all of them from the board and use your house/car key to connect the two power button jumpers.
m
l
December 25, 2012 2:29:59 PM

payturr said:
Did you properly connect the front panel power button connectors to your motherboard? Try disconnecting all of them from the board and use your house/car key to connect the two power button jumpers.

I'm not sure I understand.
m
l
December 25, 2012 2:40:52 PM

When you build a system, your case's power buttons have a connector that has to be hooked up to jumper pins on your motherboard. What I said was to make sure that they're on the correct jumper pins, and if they are, try connecting the two pins using a key (place the metal part of the key on the top of the pins, this creates a bridge for the two to connect).
m
l
December 25, 2012 4:22:29 PM

Didn't work. I also tried every configuration with the jumper pins and I still get nothing.
m
l
December 25, 2012 6:17:14 PM

ok, i know it's the motherboard. I installed my old motherboard in the case and it boots. Only this is I get an error on start up. It says front panel not detected. Strike f1 to continue.
m
l
!