How do I turn off labels under desk top icons ?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Can you explain how to turn off the l;abels under the desk top icons ?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about turn labels desk icons
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Hi,

    Open My Computer, click Tools - Folder Options - View tab, and uncheck
    this option:
    "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items"

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    http://dts-l.org/


    TMMerlin wrote:
    > Can you explain how to turn off the l;abels under the
    > desk top icons ?
    >
    > Thanks
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Thank You Bert ... I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

    "Bert Kinney" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Open My Computer, click Tools - Folder Options - View tab, and uncheck
    > this option:
    > "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items"
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >
    >
    > TMMerlin wrote:
    > > Can you explain how to turn off the l;abels under the
    > > desk top icons ?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    >
    >
    >
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    You're welcome.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    http://dts-l.org/

    TMMerlin wrote:
    > Thank You Bert ... I appreciate your taking the time to
    > respond.
    >
    > "Bert Kinney" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Open My Computer, click Tools - Folder Options - View
    >> tab, and uncheck this option:
    >> "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items"
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    >> http://dts-l.org/
    >>
    >>
    >> TMMerlin wrote:
    >>> Can you explain how to turn off the l;abels under the
    >>> desk top icons ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Microsoft Customization Icons Windows XP