Thoughts on new build?

HelloThereMr

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Hi all,

I'm completely new to this, so just wondering what your thoughts were on this mid-range build?
Are all the parts ok?
Have I made any catastrophic errors?
:D

CPU:
Intel core i5-3570k

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 Motherboard

GPU:
Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7770

RAM:
2x2Gb PNY Optima (1333mhz)

Hard Drive:
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB

Power supply:
Cooler Master elite 500W

Case:
Antec Three Hundred

Thanks very much for any help! :D

only two things the first is a newbie error. intel ivy bridge chips..the k chips if your going to overclock the system you need the x68 (they need a bios update to run ib cpus). or a z77 mb. if your not going to over clock then you want a non k cpu and then you want a h71 or b7x mb..they wont need a bios update when you drop in a ib chip. if you by the older 6xx chipset you have to ask the seller (new egg or micro center what the bios rev of the mb to see if it has the bios updated for ib) if not you need micro center or someone with a sandy bridge cpu to drop it into the older 6xxx mb and flash the bios for you. the only other issue is ram..motherboard vendors have online a tested list of ram and cpu for there motherboards. check to see if your cpu and ram is listed. if it not listed there check the ram vendor web page. not all ram will work in all mb. it better to pay a few dollars more for ram that on the mb tested list then end up building the system and have it stuck in a reboot loop or no post. and have to pay to ship the ram back to new egg or make another run to micro center. also if you can wait two weeks to order your video card nvidia dropping a new card on that date. if it priced as there saying it fall in the 120-150 price point (gtx 650). it going to put pressure on amd 7770 becuase the card going to be faster then the old 560ti that it replacing.

HelloThereMr

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Thanks very much for the replies, guys. :D
I wouldn't be looking to overclock my cpu, so which motherboard would you recommend? I'm kind of looking to keep it as cheap as possible.

Oh, and here's that form, kaj ;)

Budget Range: £400-500

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, watching movies, surfing the net.

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: All

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: None.

Parts Preferences: None.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080