Windows 7 won't recognize my graphics card.

I built a brand-new computer the other day and I'm having trouble getting windows 7 to recognize the graphics card (a GTX 560). When I try to install drivers for it, windows wants me to install a graphics card. So how do I get it to read it?

Here are my specs:

Intel Core i5 2500k CPU @ 3.30 GHz
8 GB of RAM
Thermaltake TR2 600W
GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H Motherboard
Seagate 500GB HDD

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
6 answers Last reply
More about windows recognize graphics card
  1. So the question is did you hook your monitor to the GTX560 or the motherboard? Has to be to the card to make it active.
  2. Right now its hooked into the motherboard, otherwise I get a black screen... I know that you first need to disable the onboard graphics in device manager, and then hook the monitor to the card for it to work.

However, when I look for my card in device manager under display adapters, I only see the onboard graphics option. Nothing for the card.
  3. Did you hook up power to the card from the PSU?
  4. is the gpu seated correctly and 2 6-pin connectors connected to it.
  5. I only have 1 6-pin connector connected, otherwise I have a black screen when I boot up the computer.
  6. if you cant plug in the 2nd probably required pin, than its either the gpu, or the psu that is messed up. You shouldnt boot a computer with only partial amount of electricity being fueled to it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Windows 7 Graphics