New VGA for dad's PC?

G

So, my old MSI 7800GTX is dead, worked fine for almost 7 years non-stop, R.I.P.

It was mainly used on my dad's PC. He uses computer for communication, some videos, music and rarely flash based games. What would be a good choice for a VGA? Right now, my primary option is to go with this particular one:

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX39834

It's $120 there but I can get it for ~$105.

I am looking for an Nvidia card. Buying an AMD VGAs is not an option for me for a reasons...

Thanks!

Solution
G

no. any card is $50.
for a non-gamer $100 too much to spend on a card; that is a horrible price point not enough for a decent card to game with and too much for a glorified HTPC video card.

i mean really, whats the sense of having 384 cuda core just to watch U-tube videos? now if dad is playing around with adobe to video edited . . . different story.
G

$119 is WAYYY too much for that card!
get a $48 gt 520 instead:
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130632

G

Don't you think that $50 is also way to much for a card with 64-bit mem bandwidth and 48 CUDA cores? 640 GT costs double as much, but at least it has 384 CUDA cores and 128-bit mem bandwidth, as well as 200MHz higher clock...

G

no. any card is $50.
for a non-gamer $100 too much to spend on a card; that is a horrible price point not enough for a decent card to game with and too much for a glorified HTPC video card.

i mean really, whats the sense of having 384 cuda core just to watch U-tube videos? now if dad is playing around with adobe to video edited . . . different story.

Solution