Black screen comes up while gaming, then goes away, then comes back...

jmarFTL

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
Hey all,

I'm having repeated black screens when playing Star Wars: The Old Republic. The odd thing is I played the game for about six months with no issues.

Now, when I go to play, I'll all of a sudden get a black screen. This isn't a crash, however. The game still runs, I can hear the sound, and I can even interact with it (use abilities, etc). After a few seconds (varies, sometimes right away, sometimes much longer) the screen comes back. But it keeps happening at random times, and quite frequently, making it pretty much unplayable.

I don't think it's a case of overheating, as it does it even when the card is cool. I lowered the graphic settings and it's still happening. Updated to the latest drivers and all that, no dice.

I'm on a laptop (not great for gaming, I know, but it's what I've got and it's well above min. specs) running an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.

ClintonD

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012

Hey buddy did u get any solution to this problem coz Ia m too facing same problem with most of the games that used 2 run fine previously...