Help Finding a USB 3.0 PCI Card

G

I got a new case with USB 3.0 ports on the front, but my motherboard doesn't support them, so I started looking at PCI cards that would let me add USB 3.0 ports, and while I was able to find them, none of them are exactly what I want, specifically I want a PCI Express x1 or PCI with 2 internal 19-pin connectors, and I don't really care how many external back ports it has (more is nice, but I'd be fine if it only had the 2 internal connections, I care more about the front ports). So far, I've only been able to find cards with one 19-pin connector, but I'd like to be able to use all 3 ports instead of just 2. I might consider getting 2 cards if that's the only option, but I was hoping someone else might know of a card that meets my requirements.

G

It's the Antec Twelve Hundred V3 (replacing my older Nine Hundred, because I ran out of space). It looks like the third is in a cutout that was intended for an eSata, but got repurposed as a USB (which I have more use for...assuming I can use it at all).

Weird thing is the specs say it has 2 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0, but there are clearly 2 USB 3.0 headers (and they're blue, which seems to be the default color for 3.0).

Tymeka

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012

If you need 3 USB 3.0 ports in the front, this will be fine. And it also help upgrade your card readers to USB 3.0 for reading camera huge storage cards.

It needs PCI-E X1 or X16 slot of your PC and a 4PIN power cable of your pc, i think most of computer will own them.

But the price might be a little more expensive than a simple PCI-E card. However, you can take a look at this to figure out if it is suitable for you.

G

Thanks, but I think you misunderstood. I already have 3 ports on the front, I just want to use them, and in order to do that I need 2 internal 19-pin ports.

For now, I've settled on a cheaper option of one PCI Express card with one internal 19-pin to hook up two of them, and a USB 3.0 to 2.0 converter for the third, but I'm still looking on a more optimal solution.