Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Time For A New CPU? :'(

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
December 25, 2012 4:46:07 PM

My motherboard is having issues, so do you think I should go ahead and let go of the AM3+ socket and head out to Intel?

More about : time cpu

a c 159 à CPUs
a c 435 V Motherboard
December 25, 2012 5:11:46 PM

No. I would rma your am3+ board if you have a spare pc. Inspect the board for surface damage and request an rma, giving the manufacturer 24 hours to issue you a number. If your issues are related to overclocking, then the replacement board probably won't do you any good. You may be better off selling the board/cpu/ram as a combo package if it runs ok in the default settings. Describe your issues for more advice.
a b à CPUs
December 25, 2012 5:14:11 PM

o1die said:
No. I would rma your am3+ board if you have a spare pc. Inspect the board for surface damage and request an rma, giving the manufacturer 24 hours to issue you a number. If your issues are related to overclocking, then the replacement board probably won't do you any good. You may be better off selling the board/cpu/ram as a combo package if it runs ok in the default settings. Describe your issues for more advice.

I don't think they will replace it. The problem is a damaged PCIe slot (blocks my 7970's airflow), bent speaker pin and broken USB port.
Related resources

Best solution

a c 448 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
December 25, 2012 5:34:12 PM

If your current AMD CPU's performance is good enough for you then just buy another AM3+ mobo. It is cheaper than switching over to Intel.

If you want better performance, then switch over to Intel if you have the money to do so. You can sell your AMD CPU to get back some money.
a b à CPUs
December 25, 2012 5:34:18 PM

Just buy a new mobo, cheaper than replacing it all!
a b à CPUs
January 1, 2013 1:43:41 PM

Best answer selected by melikepie.
!