Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Fan blows fast while just watching youtube videos

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
December 25, 2012 4:54:06 PM

Hello,
I don't know if I need to install new drivers for my video card which is Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family. I bought my Dell Inspiron 530S computer in May 2008 and now when I just watch videos the fan blows loud. That never use to happen. Also, when I play bejewel in Google Chrome sometimes I think it overheats and I get the blue screen and have to re-boot...help please

Best solution

a b à CPUs
December 25, 2012 5:32:14 PM

There's dust in your fans & heatsinks. Clean it out!
a c 473 à CPUs
December 25, 2012 9:21:59 PM

If the above does not work, then it is possible that the thermal paste between the heatsink and the CPU has dried out and needs to be replaced. It should be cleaned off with 90%+ isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and a lint free cloth. Then you need to reapply new thermal paste. I recommend Arctic Silver 5 which should be available at BestBuy. If not then you can simply order it online. It will have instructions on how to apply; it's pretty easy.

m
l
Related resources
December 30, 2012 3:58:13 PM

payturr said:
There's dust in your fans & heatsinks. Clean it out!

Hi,

Thanks, I opened and cleaned out the fan with a dust spray can I bought at Staples. There were dust balls in the fan. Hopefully that will do the trick. I appreciate your help as I am not computer savvy and rarely open or play around with my computer.

Thanks.
m
l
January 2, 2013 11:14:51 AM

Best answer selected by pochucho6.
m
l
!