Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

$250- Need advice on Graphics card upgrade

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 9, 2012 7:08:52 PM

Current build:
Intel i5 2500k
Asus P8Z77-V LK
Corsair Vengance 2x4gb @1600MHz
Asus SLI GTX 550 ti GFX Cards
Corsair TX 650 v2

this is an "old Build".. my first Frankenstein (upgraded MoBo, HD from 500gb Seagate to 1TB WD Black, added a few things) most parts were actually given/sold to me pretty cheap (got the most out of a guy selling me his comp w/ the 2500k Ram sticks and GFX Cards, bought it for 200, sold to me because he somehow Cracked his MoBo and thought it would be "bad" if he turned it on so he sold it XD).

Everything above is working but now i'd like to part w/ this thing especially since a friend of a friend might buy it for 1k+ if it can handle BF3 on ultra/max @1080p or he may buy the rig at its current state @900 and get an upgrade at graphics card.

i've invested roughly 500-550 overall, i'll make a little bit out of it or more depending on how much i get + resale of the 550 ti's... will be a B**** to sell tho.

currently looking at a budget of 200-300 for the GFX Card (im assuming the 7850 will come to everyone's mind) other then that i'll listen to other suggestions
August 9, 2012 7:19:44 PM

Of course HD 7850 is a very decent option at that price.
m
0
l
August 9, 2012 8:07:41 PM

Or wait a week, see what the new 660/660ti's have to offer. "Leaked" details sound "interesting".
m
0
l
Related resources
August 9, 2012 8:27:26 PM

i've heard about that, i personally might consider getting one myself to see what it can really do! haha. August 16 has been considered the magical date yeh?

hoping it'll be the same price.. might be a push for me if it goes for over 300 and is the same as the 7850... maybe even the 7870 seeing as that has been popping out on deals alot as of late.
m
0
l
August 9, 2012 8:35:53 PM

Tatsuro said:
i've heard about that, i personally might consider getting one myself to see what it can really do! haha. August 16 has been considered the magical date yeh?

hoping it'll be the same price.. might be a push for me if it goes for over 300 and is the same as the 7850... maybe even the 7870 seeing as that has been popping out on deals alot as of late.

Have heard the 14th, and price around 330 US dollars, for ti, but that's not much more than rumour.
m
0
l
August 9, 2012 9:00:20 PM

Are you from pakistan?
m
0
l
August 10, 2012 8:28:57 AM

me? no, hawaii sir ;D.. dam frikin badass.. if the ti is 250 ill get one off the bat if its 330 it'll be something to consider but will have to wait :{ got other stuff to pay for this upcoming week... + i just bought a bunch of keyboards + mouses from Hong kong *requests from people i built computers for*. bought a few Ajazz Wolfteam products charging 5-15 over what i paid hehe XD
m
0
l
August 10, 2012 6:23:08 PM

Main thing is it's less than a week to the ti. Plus, presumably, all the reputable review sites, including Tom's, are ready to publish next Thurs. Know which I'd trust more. All there is, at the moment, is not much more than rumour. I'm planning a new build, but certainly waiting to see how this goes.
m
0
l
!