Sign in with
Your question

Best 95 Watt Processor CPU and Graphics Card GPU for Gaming

Last response: in CPUs
December 25, 2012 6:58:20 PM

Hi,
I have been wanting to upgrade my PC after nearly a year of using it after purchase from the company ViBox. Although the PC could run the best games of 2011 and some games from 2012 on full graphics with playable FPS, it seems that the computer is getting less powerful for the latest releases every day. My current graphics card is an XFX HD Radeon 6770 [1GB]. My processor is an AMD Bulldozer FX-4100 ( 95 WATT ). I also have 8 GB of RAM. I was wondering if you could help me pick some better components to upgrade my PC so I can play games will great FPS. If I was to pick 1 component to upgrade which one would it be? I hope you guys can help me very soon as I have waited until after Christmas and still wanting to upgrade.
a b à CPUs
December 25, 2012 6:59:11 PM

Upgrade your graphics card to a 7870GHz Edition, and overclock your processor/replace it with a FX-4300
a c 473 à CPUs
a c 358 U Graphics card
December 25, 2012 9:27:59 PM

If you were to simply buy one component to improve performance, then you should consider a more powerful graphics card like the Radeon HD 7850 or HD 7870. However, you need to have a power supply that is capable of handling the additional power consumption.

The HD 7850 should be doable with a good 450w PSU while the HD 7870 would need a 500w PSU.

You can then save up money for a more power AMD CPU. Or save up money to get an Intel Core i5 CPU and an appropriate motherboard.
Related resources
December 25, 2012 9:40:55 PM

First and most important thing to do is upgrade your graphics card. As said above, the HD7870 would be a nice upgrade. As for the CPU, go after the FX-6300, nothing can beat the price to performance ratio of this CPU.
December 26, 2012 8:51:54 PM

Thanks for the advice on the CPU, I think you are spot on and it has the same power consumption as my 4100. :sol: 
December 28, 2012 3:46:27 PM

First see if the video card gives you what you want. I'd wait on upgrading the CPU.

But then hmmm... powersupply. keep that in mind. I've actually had a powersupply burn out on me. It was 850 watts but cheap generic junk. No biggie.. computer just dies turns off, lose whatever you saved but you replace the powersupply and go on with your life. But i dont reccomend doing that on purpose. lol

Those who say overclocking is the answer... from my experience I have an H80 enclosed watercooler i was able to push the 4100 to 4.2 ghz stable for 12 hours prime. I must mention the H80 itself is almost the price of a newer FX 4300... so is it worth it?... probably not.

the FX 6300 may not give you what you want... there is no miracle cpu yet for AM3+. I'm holding out for steamroller(thats if it comes and if it doesnt vishera will be dirt cheap by then).

check out these benchmarks for the new vishera series which is only around 10% (4300 vs 4100) faster than your current cpu. 10% is not a huge upgrade. its like 6 FPS if most games hit 60 fps... But if your looking at how fast it would be in a few games there it is... I dont like 10% upgrades. not really noticable. I've done even greater upgrades than that and still didnt notice it.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/fx-8350-83...

Heres a nice review on 7870 and 7950
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-r...
!